What's new

Post reply text box missing

MarylinC37

Achiever
I use Firefox browser and I tried to reply to a thread earlier tonight after pressing the quote button followed by the reply button next to it. Instead of placing the quote in the reply text box ready to type, it went ahead and just posted an empty reply with the quote and now the reply text boxes have all just disappeared so I can't type any messages through Firefox.

I've come onto Google Chrome and after switching to the white forum theme I have text boxes again on Chrome but still nothing on Firefox.

Anyone have any ideas how I fix this?

Thank you. :)

I use Firefox browser and I tried to reply to a thread earlier tonight after pressing the quote button followed by the reply button next to it. Instead of placing the quote in the reply text box ready to type, it went ahead and just posted an empty reply with the quote and now the reply text boxes have all just disappeared so I can't type any messages through Firefox.

I've come onto Google Chrome and after switching to the white forum theme I have text boxes again on Chrome but still nothing on Firefox.

quoted using firefox. :)

I do 'quote button' then 'insert quote' .. then type in the box, then hit 'post reply' .... I don't think I've ever used that reply button next to the quote button, not even sure how that works.

ok, I just hit that reply button and it's a shortcut, it quotes the post automatically, you don't have to hit the quote button.

either way it's working fine for me with firefox.... so sorry can't help.

This is so weird. Here's some screenshots.

POV1.jpg

Firefox

POV2.jpg

Chrome

Firefox probably just fell over have you tried rebooting your computer and when did you last update Firefox may need updating

Firefox probably just fell over have you tried rebooting your computer and when did you last update Firefox may need updating

Thanks nezza.

I'm trying to eliminate possible causes but no luck so far. It's like there is some page script that's possibly being blocked.

Did all the usual stuff like reboot's etc and Firefox updates automatically. I'm on a pretty good Win10 machine and fast internet. I'm running Bitdefender and Malwayebytes but I can't see either of them just blocking a page script.

In Firefox I run the adblocker extension so have disabled that for POV but no luck. Also I run Firefox with flash disabled on all sites unless I approve it but I haven't had any prompts to allow flash on POV so I'm wondering if that could be the problem.

Firefox and Flash I think are poor bedfellows - so far as I can (on mobile at the moment ) remember POTV does still rely on Flash on desktop? @OccultScientist ?

Last edited:
Thanks All. I dunno what's happened because I haven't done anything but the box has decided to come back by itself. I just hope it decides to stick around but at least I know I have Chrome as a backup if I need it.

I find that on FF that sometimes the reply button does seem to take a couple of minutes to load up, usually I'm reading the thread so it's loaded up by the time I get to it but on Chrome it's there straight away

Back
Top Bottom