What's new

Android App / No Notifications

@junglist I'm still having problems. Your thank you came through as a notification on the website but not on my mobile app. I updated it this afternoon as well.
I get a notification on the app once I've signed in but not if I'm not signed in which I used to. Have thing's been changed so that you don't ?

@junglist I'm still having problems. Your thank you came through as a notification on the website but not on my mobile app. I updated it this afternoon as well.
I get a notification on the app once I've signed in but not if I'm not signed in which I used to. Have thing's been changed so that you don't ?

Not sure if anything has changed mate, would have thought you would have to be logged in the app for it to receive the notifications though. Surprised to hear it was sending them when not logged in before!

Not sure if anything has changed mate, would have thought you would have to be logged in the app for it to receive the notifications though. Surprised to hear it was sending them when not logged in before!
I used to get a little bubble type thing in the notification bar on my mobile. When I tapped on it, it took me to the app and relevant thread so I could read it but had to log in to reply.
Doesn't matter really but was just wondering why it had changed.

Why does the new Android version ask to use location?

When I uploaded it to the Google Play store it only said it would require permissions for contacts and photos, didn't see anything there about location... Had a look now and it does show these:
  • android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
  • android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
Feck knows why it wants those, we certainly don't see any information about this in any of the stats we collect on the forum, we do record IP addresses - as all forums seem to do - but never any location info.

When I uploaded it to the Google Play store it only said it would require permissions for contacts and photos, didn't see anything there about location... Had a look now and it does show these:
  • android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
  • android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
Feck knows why it wants those, we certainly don't see any information about this in any of the stats we collect on the forum, we do record IP addresses - as all forums seem to do - but never any location info.

OK, if you don't need it and didn't see why you would then I'll set it to permanently off.

@junglist - all my PMs have disappeared [edit desktop old PMs are there], I had a lot of useful info in there :11:

edit - just on app

Back
Top Bottom