What's new

POTV App

junglist

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

@joe clay messaged me yesterday to ask where the POTV app had gone. Had a look and it seems we were kicked from the Google / Android App store a few weeks ago and we missed the notification for it. If you already have it installed you should still be OK - if any app users can verify that would be really helpful.

So Google seem to have gone the same route as Apple did three years ago - we've been banned for promoting nicotine products. Not had time yet but want to question them about this, hopefully will have time tonight, but the chances of it being let through are pretty slim I reckon.

So, any app users been kicked or is it only going to affect new installs for now?

The branded app has turned to shite and Tapatalk has been going downhill for years. The forum should work nicely in a browser on your phone but the push notifications the app gave us were really good and I know a lot of iPhone users have said that nothing else has been as good as when that was running for keeping them updated.

We have looked at alternatives, but the issue for all is getting them into the app stores - without them being in the app stores it is a bit of a struggle to get people to install them.

So, any apes out there with good mobile app knowledge or any other suggestions? Looks like a major upgrade to the forum would give us push notifications but we aren't able to commit to doing that just yet...

The only issue I have with Tapatalk is that the small, vape related ads on the forum have been replaced with large, non vape related ads.

Hi All,

@joe clay messaged me yesterday to ask where the POTV app had gone. Had a look and it seems we were kicked from the Google / Android App store a few weeks ago and we missed the notification for it. If you already have it installed you should still be OK - if any app users can verify that would be really helpful.

So Google seem to have gone the same route as Apple did three years ago - we've been banned for promoting nicotine products. Not had time yet but want to question them about this, hopefully will have time tonight, but the chances of it being let through are pretty slim I reckon.

So, any app users been kicked or is it only going to affect new installs for now?

The branded app has turned to shite and Tapatalk has been going downhill for years. The forum should work nicely in a browser on your phone but the push notifications the app gave us were really good and I know a lot of iPhone users have said that nothing else has been as good as when that was running for keeping them updated.

We have looked at alternatives, but the issue for all is getting them into the app stores - without them being in the app stores it is a bit of a struggle to get people to install them.

So, any apes out there with good mobile app knowledge or any other suggestions? Looks like a major upgrade to the forum would give us push notifications but we aren't able to commit to doing that just yet...
Still working this morning. If the APK is available, should still be able to install. Requires allowing apks from unknown sources to be set on the phone.

I have it already installed and it works fine. You could host a download outside of the store for people to use.

It may be worth taking to the guys at chefs flavours who have recently launched an app due to the clampdown on fb.

^^^^ That. I quite like the app although I don't use notifications. What I would really like is a LOL button under each post next to Like and Reply

app still works here but searching on app store its also not in the installed list so dreading when i upgrade phone as im lost without the planet at work.
using net is an option but a lot slower than the app to load pages.

I also have it installed and works good, but like MrDJ I'm due an upgrade so may be lost.

You could maybe look into putting it on F-Droid, as far as I can gather its a trusted alternative to the Play Store for things like adblocking that Google won't allow. I think it does automatic updates too.

Back
Top Bottom