What's new

Told "you can't smoke that in here sir" in Tesco today

Every shop or store i go in i ask everytime .." Is it ok if i use this in here" and everytime i have NOT had a problem even walking around asda or tescos or lidl

Sent from a vape cloud using Planet of the Vapes

I think there's a line crossed when it comes to places where food is sold. I wouldn't like it if I were a non-vaper.

Stealth vape on planes, trains and automobiles, cinemas, hell even the library. Quietly vape in pubs, clubs, bars and anywhere that says it's ok, never vape in supermarkets and keep the clouds for contests and meets.

I get your sentiment OP but that kind of behaviour as well as people chucking clouds is gonna fuck it up for the rest of us. The last thing we need is bad press or animosity, we've got to be a bit smart about this kind of thing and choose the battles wisely.

Consideration is a good quality to have ;)

schlinky I get what you are saying here but the way I see things there appear to be two ways things work, the "german" way everything is forbidden unless expressly permitted, or the "dutch" approach everything is permitted unless expressly forbidden. It is a sliding scale I know but I would much prefer that we were closer to the "dutch" end of the scale.

I have no problem with them having a policy which as a customer I could choose to comply with or shop elsewhere, I just found it really amusing that for a company the size of Tesco the policy wasn't available to view in writing so I could understand their reasoning, it was only a polite verbal request.

schlinky I get what you are saying here but the way I see things there appear to be two ways things work, the "german" way everything is forbidden unless expressly permitted, or the "dutch" approach everything is permitted unless expressly forbidden. It is a sliding scale I know but I would much prefer that we were closer to the "dutch" end of the scale.

I have no problem with them having a policy which as a customer I could choose to comply with or shop elsewhere, I just found it really amusing that for a company the size of Tesco the policy wasn't available to view in writing so I could understand their reasoning, it was only a polite verbal request.

And you were cool about it so no harm no foul.

We're like 2% at best and 80% hate what 18% do and tbh that's fair enough. Unfortunately we're tarred with the same brush for now. We know there's no real issue with vaping in public but your average Joe doesn't know that, we've got to wait till the knowledge is mainstream and in the meantime we've got to try and not piss off the 80% because it will work against us.

It wasn't solely directed at you, all I'm saying is try and view things from a non vaper's POV and if you can be considerate.

By the security guard as I was entering the store putting the vamo in my pocket.

Got my shopping, went to customer service and asked to see a written copy of their policy on electronic personal vaporizers. She rang the manager, then said "we don't have it written down or on signs but it is a polite request as we don't know what is in it". The security guy said it is a pain as he uses one himself, and girl on customer service said even in the staff room they have to go outside.

Oh and all this happened next to the Cirro ejuice stand :)

Now Aldi and Lidl I quite happily have a little toot now and again even in the queue. I don't blow clouds but there are often small wispy trails of "smoke" wafting away from me and nobody has even so much as tutted.

Again another reason to spend less in Tesco :)

Just abusing the littel power he has ,no Tesco for me

So, what you are saying, is that we all need to steer a course in that direction? A Dutch rudder, as it were?

They sell beer, but fairly sure i would get booted out if i took my deck chair and sat in Tesco getting though a 20 case ...

DaveX yup pretty much. I have getting sick of so many of the new specific laws for singular offenses that have been passed in recent years so often to "protect freedoms".

dogsdanglies you would be surprised at the amount of empty items I see going through the checkout but yeah I imagine beer etc might give them a wobbly fit :)

Back
Top Bottom