What's new

The Snus stories....by KMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must ask... What is the appeal of snus?
Seems a bit... Eugh to me. Then again, I hate spitting :P

And, is it anything like that nicorette gum crap, which BUUURNED

I must ask... What is the appeal of snus?
Seems a bit... Eugh to me. Then again, I hate spitting :P

And, is it anything like that nicorette gum crap, which BUUURNED

It's a bit weird to explain mate. It does burn like gum, but that gets less as time passes.

In my case, I have been vaping for two years nearly and started thinking about having a fag when the frequent bouts of vapers tongue hit me, which was not good!

I ordered some and actually quite liked it. Most people I've given a portion to (ooohhh eeeerrrrr missus!) absolutely hate it, in fairness.

You don't need to spit either - I found that once you get used to it, and dry the inside of your lip before popping it in, you tend not to produce too much spit! What little "juice" does appear can be swallowed, just like nic gum.

So, in short, I don't really know why I like it, but it does push my buttons and is a bloody godsend when I am unable to vape for an hour or two at a time - I get the nic, a taste (albeit acquired) and don't want to rip the heads off of small mammals. Brilliant when driving too!

It's quite discreet too... :D :D (A stunt teabag MAY have been used...)

Last edited:
No. Well, not with the minty ones anyway. It smells weird in the can, but on your breath it smells like mint. I haven't tried straight snus, only the flavoured types and my missus says it smells like the flavour on my breath.

Hmmm, I've been thinking lately that depending on the outcome of TPD etc, I might order some in as my plan B... :(

Last edited:
Offroad mini mint is my favourite!
Snus is an acquired taste and you shouldn't need to spit, if it feels as though you need to, remove the snus, pat it with a tissue and put it back-you'll soon get used to it. I used to tuck mine between the gum and cheek at the top.
I used it for years till I discovered vaping and its a great way to keep your nicotine topped up in places you'd prefer not to vape.
Some of the flavours are absolutely vile, I settled on mint and liquorice mainly and in mini pouches because they are easier to hide in your mouth.
The tobacco in Snus is safer because it's preserved in salt, not cured.
I also used "Oliver Twist" small no-spit pieces of chewing tobacco, quite nice but I suspect they are not as safe as Snus.
(reading that back I think I need intravenous nicotine!)

The Offroad mini portions are brilliant! Like you sabre, I like the mint and licorice flavours. I'm still very much on a learning curve with it, but I am getting to like the ordinary portions over the white ones for some reason.

And I'll let you in to a secret - I used snus all day at the e-cigarette summit! Even though we were OK to vape inside the venue, I just couldn't do it! I went outside at the break for a quick vape! I am such a wimp when it comes to vaping where I wouldn't have smoked. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom