What's new

Leave smokers alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had some beers in the Six Templars Wetherspoons in Hertford, asked the barman if it's ok, he said not technically but as long as I kept it lowkey, he said no problem ... so, no big clouds of vapour and no showing off it's ok: )

I also think that Mods look less like cigarettes, which is much more appealing to me, I do not wish to look as if I still smoke cigarettes because I am I proud of the fact I no longer do.

I was in a pub the other day, where I saw a ridiculous situation unfold where a smoking lite up, because the landlord allowed vaping and the smoker used it to his advantage. There were a couple of people using cigalikes, the smoker was repeatedly saying if they are allowed to smoke their fags why can't I smoke mine... Twat. The cigarette association is the issue that we as Vapers are trying to break away from.... Is it not?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Not really. Somebody who insists of blowing large clouds of annoying washing up liquid bubbles would find themselves doing it outside pretty rapidly in many a place too if it was annoying people. There are probably no health risks attached to blowing bubbles with their innocuous Fairy chemistry either, although long term research has not been carried out on them so we cannot be certain until ever statistically malleable epidemiological studies and trials limited in conclusiveness by human rights laws have been carried out. [/ironic][/supportive_of_vaping].

I do admit the 'smoking' misnomer wasn't accurate or helpful, but then again I am a new vaper so the parlance I use is probably more in line with the general public on this issue than yours might be. 'Smoking' alcohol or heroin is vaping too, but people do tend to just call inhaling clouds of stuff 'smoking', for better or for worse... although I am sure we can all agree that these particular vaping analogies aren't things we want to carry forward in any argument about our kind of Vaping. But yes, sending vapers out to vape along with the smokers might be stupid in your eyes but not in the mind of a restaurant manager who has taken a booking for a table of 10 vapers who are annoying the crap out of everyone else after a few sherbets. Remembering we are not talking about an odourless, invisible thing here.

So the opportunity to educate is not in the form of proudly billowing (unless you are outside with the smokers), but to have everybody in that restaurant aware that that particular table was packed with people vaping and not perceive to have had their night affected negatively (because they and I are brainwashed etc etc). Particularly whilst the 'safety debate' PR campaign is in effect.

This discussion has everything to do with the OP too, because if an influential person or table of people get offended by an inconsiderate vaper or few then this could indeed influence their outlook.

Sorry, but your argument sounds more like that of an anti smoking/anti THR, 'quit or die' activist than that of a vaper.

If you are actually here in the guise of vaper to stir the sheet and sow the seeds of linking exhaled vapour with SHS, then could you at least have the courage to do so in a transparent fashion.

If you are genuinely a vaper, could I suggest that you get a bit more education and experience under your belt before trying to suggest codes of conduct for vaping in public. I've managed quite happily without any since I first took up vaping and the ONLY reason it's become a talking point of late is because the anti smoking lobby are desperate to link vaping and smoking, so that they can try to justify exerting control over us. I don't need an inexperienced, apparently under educated (albeit probably with good intentions) fellow vaper to try and place controls over my vaping style.. I'm quite capable of making that kind of decision for myself thank you.

Long Term in the medical field equals "longer than 12 months" There are plenty of studies out there that hold evidence of "Long Term" use as well as millions of surviving vapers world wide who have suffered no ill health effects from vaping.

If I want to blow clouds of vapour, I am going to. As far as I am concerned, I am not ashamed to be a vaper and if my clouds attract the attention, negative or not, it attracted SOME ONE's attention which means someons going to eventually ask questions which will hopefully bring them here where they can learn about vaping and not be made to feel like the lepers of society because they are no longer smokers, but proud ex smokers :P

I'll do what I have done for the last two years and not hide my vaper, create discussion and help inform people of the facts about ecigs and not some ill perceived smoking thought process bullshit :P
Long term can mean that, and smoking is safe if there is a 12 month cut off, but long term studies can also involve much longer periods of time. I was being ironic anyway, I enjoy flicking through medical and physics research because some of the latter makes the former look like people whacking a pinata and seeing what comes out.

The author of the article you linked to is guilty of some of the same blinkered thought process that anti-smoking researchers suffer from. Fixating on the lung cancer victory for example whilst avoiding discussion of a small herd of elephants or focussing on people visiting smoke filled establishments, rather than those who work there. Of course I agree that there was spin involved in the science behind the ban - the type of spin that cannot be used in less donkey dependant sciences.

But of course you and everybody else is going to continue to do what they are doing, which is a bit disappointing if there are a lot of people saying that just being a teeny weeny bit careful is going to be more beneficial for everybody in the end because the opposite will help the spin doctors. I say this in the context of the futility of humanity itself, rather than a slight against anybody on this forum. :D

Look forward to having a vape outside of a pub with you with all the smokers in a few years time! :D

Weatherspoons? A group of establishment's known for not allowing vaping?

Personally, I wouldn't have vaped at all in a situation like that, no means no as far as I'm concerned.

Look forward to having a vape outside of a pub with you with all the smokers in a few years time! :D

This sentence more than anything else you've written so far exposes your true intent.

I take that you ARE in fact an antz 'plant', here to stir the shit.

But of course you and everybody else is going to continue to do what they are doing, which is a bit disappointing if there are a lot of people saying that just being a teeny weeny bit careful is going to be more beneficial for everybody in the end because the opposite will help the spin doctors. I say this in the context of the futility of humanity itself, rather than a slight against anybody on this forum. :D

What exactly do Vapers have to be careful of? You are implying that we are doing something dangerous? Offending a handful of people? I better make sure I hide my vape like I hide my farts or 1 squirt less perfume when I leave in the morning instead of the normal bath in it. Maybe we should all stop burping right after we drink a carbonated beverage, because if we're all a little careful, the Nanny state will keep holding our hands and eventually we will all think along the same processes as that of which is being stuffed down our throats day in and day out by the self righteous I live my life better than you brigade?

Fuck. That. Thank you very much!

PS I am not a customer of any establishment that does not allow vaping inside :) so, Im one of the lucky few who will never be caught outside vaping with the smokers...anywhere...ever. Unless I choose to.

Weatherspoons? A group of establishment's known for not allowing vaping?

Personally, I wouldn't have vaped at all in a situation like that, no means no as far as I'm concerned.
I asked if it was ok...READ MY POST!!!

steffijade: You got me. I am a plant employed via a nominee company in the Cayman Islands, funded by a group of interested parties. There are many of us out there.... I believe one is standing outside your house.

Nanoo nanoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom