What's new

Ban sale of cigarettes to anyone born after 2000, doctors say

There will be a compromise at some point ... this won't be it though.

we just got to get the balance right!

Derrr! Hasn't some scientific body recently said that SITTING is more dangerous even than smoking? In that case, surely, chairs must be the most dangerous of human development! We should not allow their use in schools, colleges, universities etc.
Actually I think it would be easy enough to prove that, in fact, politics and religion are the deadliest of human developments - what do YOU think?

Last edited:
Well thank goodness they banned drugs, that's all I can say!

It's good to know that no one can get hold of anything illegal and there's the added bonus that people love being told what to do!

Good luck to em I say!

Ridiculous, it will be junk food next. At this rate everything the Government thinks is bad for us will be outlawed

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Ridiculous, it will be junk food next. At this rate everything the Government thinks is bad for us will be outlawed

Funnily enough, on a news item regarding the banning of smoking in public places they showed a council (can't remember which one) has barred fast food outlets near schools!

Smoking kills people - fact. Just about all of the nasty crafty underhand anti vaping malarkey is underpinned via the tobacco industry - fact (well I stick my neck out by brazenly saying "fact" to this.

I just can't understand why folks here are throwing rattles out of prams at the idea of anyone daring to have the gall to ban something that kills people (in the most horrid of fashions) especially seeing as nobody griping on here was born after 2000 and so will not be effected anyway.
The same minds on here are encouraging friends/relatives to quit smoking and try vaping, yet any governmental interference towards the same goal is met with derision?

Any smoking ban/sale of tobacco ban is good in my book, and I'm not a born again anti smoking non smoker. I smoked for over 30 years and still would if it wasn't for vaping. being unable to obtain tobocco, legitimately, would, of course, be a hard kicking way to quit, but I'm sure it would work better than NRT and useless anti smoking days/campaigns.

Yes indeed, a civil liberties and freedom of choice issue is something for discussion and is, understandably, temper flaring, but, a generation of young people, born after the year 2000 who have distanced themselves (albeit "by force") from the smoking/use of tobacco mind set can't be a bad thing surely?

ps. I'm a tough,heartless, bigoted old Buzzard, and have very little sympathy for those that wish to risk their health via smoking, it's their choice, and rather than discourage, I'd be more inclined to give 'em more baccy. "Go on, have another, you know you want to" because nobody who smokes in the 21st century, regardless of age, is unaware of the possible consequences.

Because i like to have the freedom to make my own choices, not to have them made for me 'for the greater good'.

Smoking kills people - fact. Just about all of the nasty crafty underhand anti vaping malarkey is underpinned via the tobacco industry - fact (well I stick my neck out by brazenly saying "fact" to this.

I just can't understand why folks here are throwing rattles out of prams at the idea of anyone daring to have the gall to ban something that kills people (in the most horrid of fashions) especially seeing as nobody griping on here was born after 2000 and so will not be effected anyway.
The same minds on here are encouraging friends/relatives to quit smoking and try vaping, yet any governmental interference towards the same goal is met with derision?

Any smoking ban/sale of tobacco ban is good in my book, and I'm not a born again anti smoking non smoker. I smoked for over 30 years and still would if it wasn't for vaping. being unable to obtain tobocco, legitimately, would, of course, be a hard kicking way to quit, but I'm sure it would work better than NRT and useless anti smoking days/campaigns.

Yes indeed, a civil liberties and freedom of choice issue is something for discussion and is, understandably, temper flaring, but, a generation of young people, born after the year 2000 who have distanced themselves (albeit "by force") from the smoking/use of tobacco mind set can't be a bad thing surely?

ps. I'm a tough,heartless, bigoted old Buzzard, and have very little sympathy for those that wish to risk their health via smoking, it's their choice, and rather than discourage, I'd be more inclined to give 'em more baccy. "Go on, have another, you know you want to" because nobody who smokes in the 21st century, regardless of age, is unaware of the possible consequences.
Well that's clear enough. Ban smoking, ban the sale of tobacco and if anyone still wants to smoke, you would give it to them for free.
I'm all for that! I'm also for a ban on smoking weed, can I have some for free now?
Alcohol is shocking stuff, ban it ... and open free bars.

Back
Top Bottom