POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Any legal guys/gals on here???

Discussion in 'Tobacco Harm Reduction' started by Fazer, Oct 23, 2014.

1. webzcas

webzcas Postman

Unfortunately you are spot on there. Until such time definitive research is released proving beyond doubt the health benefits vaping has over smoking, the general public and employers are going to be fed anti vaping misinformation.

Thankfully I can vape at work, but then I am self employed.

2. jazzman

jazzman Postman

My manager vapes in the building but I actually prefer to go outside. 70% of the time I'd vape where I would smoke.

I think it's fair enough for him to ask you to go outside and vape but don't treat it like your on the stinkies!!!!

3. MrDJ

MrDJ Legend

banned in my hospital and all its grounds so we have to go to the one smoking shelter which is just opposite the psyciatric wing.

weve even been added to the signs all over the place.

Attached Files:

4. jaimunki

jaimunki Achiever

There could many reasons an employer might want you in a certain area whilst doing certain activities. It may be a condition of their insurance, it could be to protect the image of the company, it could be ignorance, it could be feedback from your colleagues, try asking your employer what led them to make that decision. Surely your allowed off site during breaks and can do what you want?

5. Diche

Diche Veteran

Some employers do not allow people to 'smoke' on the 'curtailment of the property' because it looks 'bad' for the 'customers'. However, requiring you to vape in the smoking shelter if you are a 'non-smoking vaper' is arguably against the law. I would love to see my company try that one on me, because I really think it needs to be pushed all the way, but unfortunately, so far they have been eminently reasonable.

6. kinixecig

kinixecig Initiate

i started it from nov-2014 , almost a year i have using ecig , nice feel.

7. Hitbear

Hitbear Member

As much as it pains me to say it. Your boss is probably right. You see, I vape. I choose what to inhale, but when I exhale all that Vapour ends up in everyone else's lungs.
    I got to decide what I breath in, it's only fair they do too.

So I don't mind going outside. Besides the social scene there is better

8. mcvaping

mcvaping Postman

I work in construction as a supervisor and we are obliged by law to provide smoking facilities but there is nothing we have to provide for vapers!!

With me being in charge and there being no laws for vaping I generally let the vapers vape wherever they please apart from inside the welfare facilities!!

9. johnnylager

johnnylager Postman

No smoking of any sort means no need to pay smoking related insurance of any kind.

10. Simon G

Simon G Legend

That's actually the one thing I knew i'd miss and continue to do even now ... most of my friends at work are the smokers, the people I talk to at break times, so I still go outside and hang with them. It also gives me the opportunity to show them how I managed to give up and hopefully inspire them to make the switch too. Some were really shocked as I was probably the heaviest and longest smoker there. I used to chain smoke for the full 15 mins.