What's new

WARNING - Trustfire TR-001 Charger

Vapingmonkey

Postman
Hi Guys

Might be an isolated incident but thought i'd let you all know

I have . . . . . sorry HAD a trustfire TR-001 charger, which i plugged in today (no batteries in it) and it EXPLODED with a bright flash and loud bang

It Tripped the whole of the second floor of my building and scared the shit out of everyone in the room.

Be careful with chargers

Last edited:
I think the rule with chargers and batteries is to avoid anything with the "fire" in the name.

Terrible incident but glad your OK mate.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Nitecore chargers...

Hi Guys

I have . . . . . sorry HAD a trustfire TR-001 charger, which i plugged in today (no batteries in it) and it EXPLODED with a bright flash and loud bang

It took out the whole of the second floor of my building and scared the shit out of everyone in the room.

Be careful with chargers

Are you having a laugh?

seriously i'd like to know???

Hi Guys

It took out the whole of the second floor of my building and scared the shit out of everyone in the room.

Be careful with chargers

I assume you mean it tripped out the power across the whole of the 2nd floor of your building.. not blew it to kingdom come? ;)

Hi Guys

Be careful with chargers

yes i had the same sort of thing with a halfords car battery charger once, mind you i did have it wired to an old AM CB on the floor at the time :lol1:

Hi Guys

Be careful with chargers

glad you and everyone is ok but unless you own the company etc id be prepared for some serious grilling from your gaffer....thats what pat testing is for in businesses....ive never had one but heard there an ok budget charger...maybe not....wasnt bought from vaper trails was it?

Sorry, only just "woke up" and thought his might be a joke and I took the "took out the whole of the 2nd floor" as being an explosion of epic proportions.

lol sorry guys when I said "took out the whole of the second floor" I did in fact mean "TRIPPED THE WHOLE OF THE SECOND FLOOR" but the unit did explode. I had to hide it as it had not been PAT tested as per company rules (shhhhhhhhhh)Didn't mean to cause panic, just letting you know

Going to buy a Pila IBC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom