What's new

the dangers of fake cells and ****fire cells in general.

and now, totally incorrect

current is not voltage

I see, so amps and voltage are different things.
So how do you calculate what amps you are pulling from the batteries with a mod like that? assuming the batteries are rated at 2C I can calculate what their maximum current would be.
If I was using only one battery, taking 4.3 volts from it with a 2.5 ohm tank I would only be pulling 1.7 amps from it (according to the online ohms law calculator I am using), so a protected 18650 would be fine, but I am unsure how to work it out for a 2 battery box mod of this type, or is it the same deal?

I also check with battery university am I right in thinkng a multimeter can test my batts c rating amps and volts and internal resistance?

Not easily no, to check the internal resistance you need a dc shunt I think. Hkj has covered it in one of his threads on blf, its a calculated resistance rather than a measured one.

You can check current draw of an atty, but you need decent leads or heavy gauge cable, and if your below .4ohm, you want a 20a range of your meter

You can use your meter to check voltage drop under load, measure cell voltage, fit in device, hold terminals onto positive and negative connections and fire device.

Be aware of heat, and don't short anything, if you need two people, wait till there's two of you to do it safely because you can be delivering a lot of current to that atomiser.

Sellers should be locked up, makes your cogs whir thats for sure, ordered yesterday coming tomorrow anyone had dealings with this vendor?

On feedback looks good to me, first time ive ordered batteries from a none brick n mortar and bought for sub ohm.

Ebay link

Sellers should be locked up, makes your cogs whir thats for sure, ordered yesterday coming tomorrow anyone had dealings with this vendor?

On feedback looks good to me, first time ive ordered batteries from a none brick n mortar and bought for sub ohm.

Ebay link

just clicked your link and it's the vendor i used. ordered day before yesterday, came this morning. seem legit as they came in the same type of box my genuine red efests from myepack came in except purple like the batteries. not charging them up yet as i'm waiting for my mech mod to get here from fast tech but the definitely seem like the genuine article.

just clicked your link and it's the vendor i used. ordered day before yesterday, came this morning. seem legit as they came in the same type of box my genuine red efests from myepack came in except purple like the batteries. not charging them up yet as i'm waiting for my mech mod to get here from fast tech but the definitely seem like the genuine article.

Good to know however I dont think the box means much, thanks for taking time out to reply @m0th tbh when I said these vendors dishing out batteries like mentioned in this thread want locked up I can think of worse tbh, condidering sub ohm is on the rise vaping is more popular by the day, they wont be ignorant of the potential result either. (sorry rant over)

I figured with over thirteen n a half thousand feedback we should be all good tbh however my advice if I get asked in the future is stick with the BnM or online vendors you trust n skip ebay for the most important bit of our gear batteries.

Hope your mech comes soon n its a good un.

Cheers
Rob

roballan generally with my experience with fake stuff the packaging is a good way of spotting whether the item is fake or not.

@roballan generally with my experience with fake stuff the packaging is a good way of spotting whether the item is fake or not.
lol... You probably will not believe this, but there is a town in China that specializes in counterfeit luxury packaging. Stuff like Rolex boxes, LV paper bags and dust bags, Channel paper bags and dust bags, Cartier boxes, Nike shoe boxes, Rayban sun glass cases and everything else you can think of. They are 1:1, it's not hard to copy a paper bag after all.

If they can make copies of Rolex's that can fool a watch smith (exterior only obviously), I'm sure they can make a little cardboard box and print a logo on it convincingly.

lol... You probably will not believe this, but there is a town in China that specializes in counterfeit luxury packaging. Stuff like Rolex boxes, LV paper bags and dust bags, Channel paper bags and dust bags, Cartier boxes, Nike shoe boxes, Rayban sun glass cases and everything else you can think of. They are 1:1, it's not hard to copy a paper bag after all.

If they can make copies of Rolex's that can fool a watch smith (exterior only obviously), I'm sure they can make a little cardboard box and print a logo on it convincingly.

over the years i've dealt with fakes in a lot of different areas (game cartridges, memory cards, flash cartridges, protanks etc...) and most times the packaging has been helpful in deciding if it is a fake or not. i understand that for fakes that go for good of money can come with spot on packaging, but i don't think that is the case for cheap disposable items like batteries and clearomizers. i stand by my original statement that the packaging is a good way to determine if an item is genuine or fake.

And.... to that I would say, the packaging is the easiest part to fake. It is a paper box with a logo printed on it.

Back
Top Bottom