What's new

Product Recall:- Vaping Outlaws Xtreme 18650 From UK Ecig Store.

Huggett

Legend
This is why you don't buy rewrapped cells imo.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1453590710.329900.jpg

40amp 2500mah? Thought that was fishy.

Would be interested in seeing what they really are under the skin.

Would also be interested to know if the recall is a result of quality control throwing up an issue or people complaining about their mods (or faces/hands/houses) melting.

40amp 2500mah? Thought that was fishy.

Would be interested in seeing what they really are under the skin.

Would also be interested to know if the recall is a result of quality control throwing up an issue or people complaining about their mods (or faces/hands/houses) melting.
LG HE4s are my guess, HE4s have been tested by a reputable supplier to handle 40A C however the battery life was severely affected.

LG HE4s are my guess, HE4s have been tested by a reputable supplier to handle 40A C however the battery life was severely affected.

The chart I use is here, HE4s are rated 20a CDR, 25a pulse after testing. Only HB4 1500mah came close to 40w pulse. Am interested in other test results. Can you link a reference mate?

The chart I use is here, HE4s are rated 20a CDR, 25a pulse after testing. Only HB4 1500mah came close to 40w pulse. Am interested in other test results. Can you link a reference mate?
Torchys tests ran it at 40A C

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1453598718.756492.jpg

Like I said though the life of it was terrible at that output

NOTE: i do NOT recommend exceeding MANAFACTURERS ratings, it was only mentioned due to us wondering what cell Vaping Outlaws used

Torchys tests ran it at 40A C

View attachment 76847

Like I said though the life of it was terrible at that output

NOTE: i do NOT recommend exceeding MANAFACTURERS ratings, it was only mentioned due to us wondering what cell Vaping Outlaws used
Ah. Thanks. Had seen that chart but figured that was such an extreme result and would be discounted for normal vaping use given the difference between real-world kit and a testbed.

Still, have chosen HE4s to go with tonight's Ill-advised, slightly drunken shiny acquisitions.

Just a polite reminder, recently I've seen far far too many battery safety issues. (Mainly from users on Social Media who haven't even bothered to research cell safety.)

If you are going to be using a mechanical mod for a start, please know what is and isn't safe before popping a cell into your tube mod. I've seen far to many "guys is this safe lolz, cloudz bro" types.

Know your cells, it's not hard to search Google / Manafacturers data sheets.
Know your mod, is it a hybrid? Know what a hybrid is, know how to treat it. Know how to use and don't use a blooming spring loaded 510 pinned tank.

Imo avoid Efest / Rewrapped batteries. Why buy a brand of battery if you could simply go out and get the actual cell that it is for the same or less money?

Know your supplier, don't just go on Amazon or eBay and pick "lowest price plus p&p"

I won't list suppliers / cells ect, go and do your research.

Purely written this as a concerned vaper, and as bumping this safety notice also.
If someone gives you advice, verify it for yourself. Cell safety sure its "not cool", but missing half a limb would be less "cool".

Yes, yes, yes we get it some users just want to vape, sweet go for it. But please do so safely.

2Penneth off my mind.

(This has been covered probably more times than a "hand check", but a reminder / refresher is always good)

Just a polite reminder, recently I've seen far far too many battery safety issues. (Mainly from users on Social Media who haven't even bothered to research cell safety.)

If you are going to be using a mechanical mod for a start, please know what is and isn't safe before popping a cell into your tube mod. I've seen far to many "guys is this safe lolz, cloudz bro" types.

Know your mod, is it a hybrid? Know what a hybrid is, know how to treat it. Know how to use and don't use a blooming spring loaded 510 pinned tank.

Imo avoid Efest / Rewrapped batteries. Why buy a brand of battery if you could simply go out and get the actual cell that it is for the same or less money?

Know your supplier, don't just go on Amazon or eBay and pick "lowest price plus p&p"

Purely written this as a concerned vaper, and as bumping this safety notice also.
If someone gives you advice, verify it for yourself. Cell safety sure its "not cool", but missing half a limb would be less "cool".

Yes, yes, yes we get it some users just want to vape, sweet go for it. But please do so safely.

2Penneth off my mind.

(This has been covered probably more times than a "hand check", but a reminder / refresher is always good)
This ^^^^^^ is probably one of the best and most informative posts of the year....and a truism.....

Read what the @Huggett has to say

2Penneth off my mind.

So I should ditch the AAAs that I bulked in size with tinfoil?

Back
Top Bottom