What's new

Misrepresented mAh Ego Batteries

That is just scarey!
:(
How does it make sense that the government is placing all it's efforts behind The TPD etc, -and yet fails to protect the public with regulations we already have, and shit like this is going on?
Dread to think what would have happened if that vented...

That was my thinking,No way they are being repaired! If one of these batteries had overheated and blown it's a mini bloody nail bomb :/

Where did you get it from?

edit : just seen you said the market, I would be going back and raising holy hell...

Trust me as soon as the wife is out of hospital so I'm not doing it with our 11 year old daughter in tow I will be going to see him

Keep us posted.
For info, have a look round some of the threads on here, and you will see who the good vendors are. Alternatively pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.
Good luck.

As already stated. What happened to the regulations already in place.

As already stated. What happened to the regulations already in place.

what do you mean? Just like with mobile phone and laptop batteries...all that stuff is covered under the SAME regulations yet...some faulties get through just like with ecigs?

The only reason you hear about an ecig exploding more often is because its a big "newsworthy" thing....15 years of mobile phone or laptop batteries overheating and catching on fire is...literally "old news"

Funny I should find this thread now as I have just sat here and pulled 2 ego-CE4 batteries apart,both were brought together as a twin pack 900mAh starter kit from a market stall.One refused to power on after a charge so being a pack rat it was thrown in a draw.The other one the threads went on the inside so it wouldn't charge.Deciding to see if I could repair the one with broken threads with the head of the one that wouldn't power on I pulled them both apart..soldering was appalling! Once opened I found a very thin battery with 2 rusting nails taped to it.

IMAG0817.jpg

Show it to him but PLEASE report that Market trader to Trading Standards. That is clearly a trader that DID NOT investigate its supplier.

Also PLEASE contact www.eccauk.org and give them any and ALL information.

Show it to him but PLEASE report that Market trader to Trading Standards. That is clearly a trader that DID NOT investigate its supplier.

Also PLEASE contact www.eccauk.org and give them any and ALL information.

Will do,Should I email them or post it to the forum? Just waiting for the wife to remember where the box went or if we binned it :/ Figured trading standards will want to see at least some of the packaging.

Back
Top Bottom