What's new

Hugsvape Surge warning

cindy99

Achiever
I bought one of these a while ago from @ecigone.co.uk and had a phone call this morning from them telling me to bin it as they have had 5 reports of them catching fire [emoji91] [emoji33]

That's great customer service from them and they've already refunded me which is exemplary as far as I'm concerned, but the mod can obviously be dangerous so thought I'd better let the Planet know.

Vape safe Apes!

@cindy99 what are you doing with yours ? I am going to open it up and have a look to see if another board can fit.

Mine will stay in its box for now but I'll be very interested to hear how you get on @Slanger [emoji106]

@Cindy99

Well I give Hugsvape 10 out of 10 for the glue they used on the magnets that hide the screws, nothing would move them even a heat gun so I had to cut my way in.

I was actually quite shocked at the board quality there where splashes of solder all about it, lots of exposed copper areas that just looked unfinished how unsafe the were I have no idea as I am not a sparky.

However I did find this

P2150009.jpg

P2150010.jpg

Last edited:
@Cindy99

Well I give Hugsvape 10 out of 10 for the glue they used on the magnets that hide the screws, nothing would move them even a heat gun so I had to cut my way in.

I was actually quite shocked at the board quality there where splashes of solder all about it, lots of exposed copper areas that just looked unfinished how unsafe the were I have no idea as I am not a sparky.

However I did find this

View attachment 185284

View attachment 185285
I'd say the poor quality Sharp shards of solder are the culprit. As the rda is screwed in it.probably pierces the protective plastic sheath and mod go boom boom.
Shame. A decent budget pulse a like.

I'd say the poor quality Sharp shards of solder are the culprit. As the rda is screwed in it.probably pierces the protective plastic sheath and mod go boom boom.
Shame. A decent budget pulse a like.

I agree, Im gutted as I loved the light weightless and I had been solely vaping on two of those for the last week or so, now I feel a bit lost so I ordered Hotcig RSQ NS Squonk Kit with my credit notes.

Need to get my butt in gear and print some mods from the spares I have.

I agree, Im gutted as I loved the light weightless and I had been solely vaping on two of those for the last week or so, now I feel a bit lost so I ordered Hotcig RSQ NS Squonk Kit with my credit notes.

Need to get my butt in gear and print some mods from the spares I have.
Such a shame you couldn't get inside cleanly and just tidy the solder up. Problem solved.
Never mind. First-class service and warning from the vendor though.

@eyeball kid I agree, I still have one left so I am going to try a soldering iron on the magnet to see if I can't get into cleanly especially now I know what magnets hid a screw.

i had a call off them too, i had used the mod for about 2 weeks on and off, a shame really as on paper this wasn't that bad a device for the money. Apparently the company who make it are not taking any responsibility, i have to say my experiences with ecigone have been fantastic, glad i made an account with them.

Back
Top Bottom