What's new

Don’t leave your ecig unattended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow @AceMelon glad you caught it.

Worth asking have you contacted voopoo?
I'm sure they would want to look at the mod to figure out what caused it so it doesn't happen again.

Woah first time seen a voopoo do this. Shame but luckily everyone is ok. Looks like shorted inside and kept held into place with direct positive and negative. If you are on a tight budget may I recommend a uwell ironfist.

Jesus man - glad you're ok. That's shocking. I assume by taking the batteries out of our mods before going to bed would have prevented this? I do this anyway but I know most don't

Jesus man - glad you're ok. That's shocking. I assume by taking the batteries out of our mods before going to bed would have prevented this? I do this anyway but I know most don't

Interesting, I don't use replaceable battery mods but is removing them at night now advised practice?

Interesting, I don't use replaceable battery mods but is removing them at night now advised practice?

I'm not sure if it's advised practice but personally, I do it for peace of mind. If it was just me at home I probably wouldn't bother. I only use two mods in rotation anyway and it takes seconds to remove the batteries

I'm not sure if it's advised practice but personally, I do it for peace of mind. If it was just me at home I probably wouldn't only tbother.I've w mods in rotation anyway and it takes seconds to remove the batteries

I didn't remove them with mods in the past I must admit but now having read some threads on batteries this morning I will without a doubt be removing batteries for safety over night in the future!

after my vape melted I take my batterys out when traveling. I also take them out at bedtime. I take them out when i'm not there to watch them. it was my own fault it melted. I take them out now for my own peace of mind.

I can't personally see how leaving cells in a mod is any different to an integrated battery device.

I can't personally see how leaving cells in a mod is any different to an integrated battery device.

An interesting thought, potentially because the terminals are exposed? This could allow for foreign bodies to create conductivity in there or otherwise I guess. Also the capacity of the 18650's etc is much greater than typical integrated units

An interesting thought, potentially because the terminals are exposed? This could allow for foreign bodies to create conductivity in there or otherwise I guess. Also the capacity of the 18650's etc is much greater than typical integrated units

Not so much imo.

Integrated units have as much venting as replaceable types, sometimes more. So anything that can get into a closed non integrated unit will get in an integrated one just as easily. Stuff getting on the terminals isn't going to do anything unless it can bridge them and be conductive enough to draw current. An integrated cell is usually polymer cased with wires that are much closer together than the terminals for tubular metal cased cells.

As to capacity, that's not so true with more recent devices either.

I have a couple of tiny devices with small batteries, but the last one the wife bought was 3,000mAh and rated at 80w. If the manufacturer was truthful with those specs the cell would be bigger than a 18650. And they're always getting higher capacity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom