What's new

Argos UK Recalls bunch of devices (Smok and Innokin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the message they sent you it would appear the kits had batteries included, no? Otherwise it doesn’t make sense.

• Not listed as part of any product currently sold
  • Not listed as having been for sale on historical url/page searches
  • Not provided as part of the kit with other vendors

Honestly, I've no idea why anybody would buy vape products from Argos in the first place, nor why they'd supply such powerful mods.

Yes, their reply indicates its an issue with cells, but...you'no...above. None of the major supermarkets sell 18650s from what I can see. Nor should they.

I'm still convinced it's an aftersale PEBCAK-type issue :D

“we’ve withdrawn them from sale because we heard somebody put the wrong battery in one. We’ve also withdrawn everything that contains wire or has to be plugged into a socket as an extra precaution.”

“we’ve withdrawn them from sale because we heard somebody put the wrong battery in one. We’ve also withdrawn everything that contains wire or has to be plugged into a socket as an extra precaution.”

Unless argos have trained people selling gear like dual cell mods and suitable batteries for their needs I'd rather they didn't.

Unless argos have trained people selling gear like dual cell mods and suitable batteries for their needs I'd rather they didn't.

Aye, I sort of agree but at the same time there are many online and physical vape retailers that don’t sell this sort of gear responsibly, either.

If the recall is based on their realisation that most of the manufacturers of 18650 batteries warn against their use in vape gear, it would seem a responsible move on Argos’ part.

I couldn’t help scroll down that argos page and it seems they are recalling half the items in their catalogue. They must do a fair bit of testing.

Aye, I sort of agree but at the same time there are many online and physical vape retailers that don’t sell this sort of gear responsibly, either.

If the recall is based on their realisation that most of the manufacturers of 18650 batteries warn against their use in vape gear, it would seem a responsible move on Argos’ part.

I couldn’t help scroll down that argos page and it seems they are recalling half the items in their catalogue. They must do a fair bit of testing.

Well this is true, it just highlights that it shouldn't be the case. I really don't think places like Argos should be selling external battery mods.

Yeah there's a lot there, I wonder how many people never see any of it?

At least they are doing the responsible thing...for whatever reason and will probably pull them from future sale, having perhaps realised the Daily Mail can do some serious business damage if whatever reason the mods go tits up......now fasttech on the other hand... doubt they will be recalling anything....their highly trained robot pickers could nae give a fk:)

You may have seen that a UK retailer has made a decision to recall 3 vaping devices it supplies to their customers ( X Priv, Proton and Mag Kits). We would like to clarify that the reason for this is only to do with the external batteries that have been supplied as an extra item and has nothing at all to do with the vaping device. The retailer received information that Samsung, as do Sony and LG have notifications on their respective websites that their batteries are NOT SUITABLE FOR USE WITH VAPING DEVICES and as a result of this took the precautionary decision to recall these devices as they were sold with Samsung batteries. We hope this helps clarify the matter and provides confidence that this is not a device issue but a battery one.

At least they are doing the responsible thing...for whatever reason and will probably pull them from future sale, having perhaps realised the Daily Mail can do some serious business damage if whatever reason the mods go tits up......now fasttech on the other hand... doubt they will be recalling anything....their highly trained robot pickers could nae give a fk:)

You may have seen that a UK retailer has made a decision to recall 3 vaping devices it supplies to their customers ( X Priv, Proton and Mag Kits). We would like to clarify that the reason for this is only to do with the external batteries that have been supplied as an extra item and has nothing at all to do with the vaping device. The retailer received information that Samsung, as do Sony and LG have notifications on their respective websites that their batteries are NOT SUITABLE FOR USE WITH VAPING DEVICES and as a result of this took the precautionary decision to recall these devices as they were sold with Samsung batteries. We hope this helps clarify the matter and provides confidence that this is not a device issue but a battery one.

Just came across this Argos page which states that a number of there Innokin and Smok devices and batteries are a danger and should be returned immediately for a full refund.

Link to a screenshot in case the page gets removed: http://prntscr.com/nrmxw7

Link to the Argos recall page: https://www.argos.co.uk/events/safety-product-recalls

Edit: Just passing on a message for people to be aware of. I'm NOT trying to create any drama. It seems that the batteries sold with the devices (25r's to my knowledge) are either unsafe or people are misusing them. It also seems like they're taking the mods in as well to be on the safe side. But again, I don't know the full story and I'm only speculating with the information we have.

Adam, welcome

Questions:
Who are you and what company do you represent?
Where does this statement come from?
Can you evidence this?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom