What's new

World Health Organisation warns over E-cigarette toxins

This was my favourite:

By way of analogy; I have given up my promiscuous life of sleeping aound and attending the odd orgy. I have been told that I risked the chance of contracting a STD or HIV / AIDS.
I now make do with a blow up doll, only to be told by the WHO that not enough research has been done on the possible dangers. They think I might develop an alergy to latex, but are not sure!
What do they advise? Stick to what I was doing?

Grrrr fecking idiotic site says I'm already registered so I can't post,as I am not registered.

I wanted to post

"if WHO know there's toxins in them,HOW do they know this without testing?......& they've had 7+ years to start investigating them yet chose to send the Communication dude from the lung dept to spout his garbage who hasn't even got a medical qualification"

You know what I don't get? Even if vaping were as BAD as smoking tobacco, the risks and the numbers DON'T CHANGE. We will die early from the same diseases and complications of breathing smoke into our lungs on a regular basis - exactly as we would if we carried on with the fags.

There is a high possibility that vaping is less risky than smoking - a VERY HIGH possibility. What is there to lose? I think there is a lot more to gain.

Why doesn't the WHO concentrate on the AIDS/HIV pandemic that is killing thousands upon thousands in Africa, ripping families apart and causing REAL poverty and heartbreak? Maybe Malaria would be an easier issue for them to tackle? Tuberculosis in the "developing" nations?

No, better for them to put resources into scaremongering the World over what I have no doubt will be one of the single most important advances in public health harm reduction seen since antibiotics. Or maybe its just easier for them to target the West rather than grow a pair and start doing something more useful in a large part of the world, where action, funding and education is essential. Or maybe the pharmaceutical industry is putting on the pressure - after all, they are very generous at supplying drugs to treat HIV sufferers in Africa, aren't they? Oh no, my mistake, they don't seem too keen on that idea, do they?

Rant over. Vape on... :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom