What's new

Will Self on his conversion to Vaping

Mark

Legend
I've always found this guy to have something interesting to say even though I don't always agree with it. He is a good value panel member on political programmes like Question Time. Witty. Ascerbic. Pithy.

He he has in recent times criticised Vaping in a 'what's the point?' Kind of way. A lifelong committed smoker he has finally seen the light.

Its a long, but for me, enjoyable read. His love affair with tobacco is obvious and his description of a variety of brands and tobaccos actually evoked strong yearnings for a smoke. He is also my age and started, like me, on No.6 cigarettes in the early 70's. I saw similarities with my own smoking history, even down to enjoying pipes and pipe tobaccos.

He ends the piece gloomily predicting excessive regulation but it's another person of influence supporting Vaping at least.

Will Self On His Addiction To Vaping

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 106
I've always found this guy to have something interesting to say even though I don't always agree with it. He is a good value panel member on political programmes like Question Time. Witty. Ascerbic. Pithy.

He he has in recent times criticised Vaping in a 'what's the point?' Kind of way. A lifelong committed smoker he has finally seen the light.

Its a long, but for me, enjoyable read. His love affair with tobacco is obvious and his description of a variety of brands and tobaccos actually evoked strong yearnings for a smoke. He is also my age and started, like me, on No.6 cigarettes in the early 70's. I saw similarities with my own smoking history, even down to enjoying pipes and pipe tobaccos.

He ends the piece gloomily predicting excessive regulation but it's another person of influence supporting Vaping at least.

Thanks, interesting read.
"one small puff for a man, one giant hit for mankind!"

That's a very good read, but I'm hugely disappointed.
Given the compulsive abandonment with which he pursued his ultimate tobacco experience I expected that he would repeat the near manic and fully comprehensive search for the ultimate vape. I wanted to read that he'd built a vape den and surrounded himself with a myriad of shiny gear. Instead just an Innokin mod and a Nautilus.
Self recognises the genius of vaping, he adopted the familiar evangelism of the recently converted vaper and is now cloaked in the satisfying clouds of harmless contentment. So why isn't he dripping?

Has he stalled on the road because he thinks he can see the end of vaping?

Good on him. I was digging some old books out yesterday and found "Slump" by him. The wife says that book was written about me.

Back
Top Bottom