What's new

What the hell is this POKEJUICE!

Should pokejuice be taken off the market ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is highlighting a generation divide.

Pokemon came out in the UK in the 90s many of its original fans are now in there 20's and 30's and are still fans of the franchise. I know I've seen a mod on here with rip off text from ninja turtles (can't remember what is was but I'll find it), someone was selling a mod made to look like a Nintendo joy pad and there are countless wraps and accessories with super hero shit printed on them and no one has kicked off about that so how is this any different?

I get the copyright thing that's pretty bad.

giphy (2).gif

Maybe this is highlighting a generation divide.

Pokemon came out in the UK in the 90s many of its original fans are now in there 20's and 30's and are still fans of the franchise. I know I've seen a mod on here with rip off text from ninja turtles (can't remember what is was but I'll find it), someone was selling a mod made to look like a Nintendo joy pad and there are countless wraps and accessories with super hero shit printed on them and no one has kicked off about that so how is this any different?

I get the copyright thing that's pretty bad.
Thank you.

Name a single company who isn't in business for the money :18:
My argument was never about the use of pokemon specifically, or the copyright infringment. It was about this so called marketing to kids. Ribena was mentioned earlier, marketing to people who like ribena doesn't mean marketing to kids. Marketing to pokemon fans also does not mean marketing to kids.

The truth is .. the packaging DOES appeal to kids - no matter wether or not adults also play pokemon .. and believe me I know they do I take the piss out of my business partner for it quite a bit.

He thinks the pokejuice branding is disgusting though. In his words - if his lad saw that .. he would try and drink it.
as a kid I remember climbing to high shelves to get things I was not supposed to have, I remember searching thru parents wardrobes to try get an idea of what my Christmas prezzies were - If i was to have seen that (and was of an age I thought Pokemon was cool {which for the record I dont}) id have been all over that shit.

Primarily the packaging is attractive to kids (as are many others) As a manufacturer myself - its something I want to see stopped. It does not make a good impression of vaping, not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom