What's new

We WON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I and many others used to look upon as 'our anthem' back in the 60's. Quite apt for today, if you happen to read this McAvan. So scheme away, you are on a guaranteed loser.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they do ban it Me and my Boys are Gonna start up a Bootleg Ejuice Operation!!!!:gunban: 5d757dda982216d8.jpg

Firstly, I have had the pleasure of dealing with loads of vendors, who mix e-juice out of passion and commitment rather than just for financial gain, and costing them a few hundred quid to get the correct certification can make a whole world of difference to their already tight profit margin, and to see these companies go to the wall would be heartbreaking.

As I understand the proposals as they are now then the little juice makers who do things properly are going to be fine, it'll put the price of the end product up a little. The devil is in the detail and none of the new regs have been proposed yet., much less written. Having an extra step to do to prove that the e-liquid you make is of a good standard needn't be a big deal, the food industry has to do stuff like this already and there are all kinds of food businesses of every size.

I also dont agree with the 30mg Nic limit. What about all of those DIY mixers who would see less than half of the total yield from the same amount of what is the most expensive ingredient of any e-liquid. Also it impacts on people that dedicate in the supply of nic base to all of their customers who are end users.

If the base has half the amount of nic in it then it would be half the price. From what I hear business to business sales are likely to be unaffected, it'lll be retail sales that are 30mg limited, so nic seller can still buy 72mg and mix it down to 30mg for sale to DIYers and as his 72 will go further then the price should reflect that. It does mean people that vape 24+ are going to get screwed which isn't good, but there was always likely to be a limit somewhere. It's not the 50mg limit ECITA were going for but it's a lot better than 4mg.

we have a duty to support and stand by our fellow vapers and freedom of choice is what is at stake here.

We need to continue pushing and lobbying the people who are now going to write the actual UK regs to do the best for us all that we can. It's political though so there had to be some compromise somewhere or it'd never have got enough votes. Ammendment 135 was a much better one, but given the choice between MHRA regs and ammendment 170 it's a no brainer.

As I understand the proposals as they are now then the little juice makers who do things properly are going to be fine, it'll put the price of the end product up a little.

See, but then we get into the penny-pinching of it. My current fav vendor is US, and as long as I bulk buy I can get it shipped over for pretty much the same price as I could get something local. Outside of that - that stuff is unique, no local substitute - I try to buy local because there's no price difference, it's faster, and it's a loyalty thing. Now, if prices here go up, the chances of me and others like me ordering from abroad to save money increase. Which puts more pressure on local business, which puts prices up, yadda yadda yadda.

Anything that impacts on a small supplier's ability to produce good stuff at a reasonable price is bad. Parts of this legislation-fest aren't just about vaping, but about potentially killing local businesses, people who might go under for the sake of that few hundred pound requirement.

Unless, of course, they offer those kind of suppliers tax breaks so that they can afford the increase without having to have the resources of the likes if Starbucks and Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Now, if prices here go up, the chances of me and others like me ordering from abroad to save money increase.

Prices are going to go up. There is currently no "e-cig tax" There is going to be an "e-cig tax".

How much more admin and tests are going to add to a bottle of e-liquid depends on exactly what testing etc is needed. If the tests amount to £500 a year then a little juice maker who makes a couple of litres a month is going to wind up needing to add 25p onto the price of a 10ml bottle of e-liquid. If we're talking a few hundred pounds a batch then it could be more than that. Maybe as much as a quid a 10ml bottle.

Having extra 'stuff' to do to setup as an e-liquid maker isn't a bad thing as long as the costs are reasonable. It's all about the detail.

When all the dust settles and the new regs are in place e-liquid is probably going to be 20-30% more expensive than it is now I would guess, because of extra costs involved with manufacture (extra testing needed) and increased taxation. Most of it will be down to tax I think.

The next step of the battle now that the MHRA have been told to do one is to make sure that the details are worked out as well as they possibly can be for us.

All I'm saying is that what we have now via the Amendment 170 is a hell of a lot better than most of us hoped for a few months back. It's not perfect, but as compromises go it's not all that bad really. Now we go work on the details :)

Want to know what they can tax?

Nicotine. And that is it. It wont be an ecig tax, it will be a tobacco biproduct tax and I am more than happy to pay that tax if it means I can buy my battery compartments and atomisers without a freaking prescription.

Want to know what they can tax?

Nicotine. And that is it. It wont be an ecig tax, it will be a tobacco biproduct tax and I am more than happy to pay that tax if it means I can buy my battery compartments and atomisers without a freaking prescription.

I was thinking exactly the same.

Do you reckon they'll run it along side tobacco duty, or entirely rejig the definition so they can properly shaft us?

I was thinking exactly the same.

Do you reckon they'll run it along side tobacco duty, or entirely rejig the definition so they can properly shaft us?

in the states they just lumped it into Tobacco Taxes... Theres a company in Wisconsin, that bipassed it for producing Nicotine from other plants though, so it can be done here too.

Fantastic news! And what a relief! Really didn't want to start smoking again at £8 a packet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom