What's new

Vice : why geek bars and elf bars are suddenly everywhere

Poor Vic. On 19/6 he uploads a nearly 30 minute rant on disposables especially Elf Bar and geek bar and the dangers they pose to the UK vaping industry more or less calling for them to be banned. Three days later he uploads a review of a HAR disposable as he likes the flavour range. You really couldn't make it up.

The knob is a complete sell-out, i remember when he started out saying he would'nt review
anything over £25 or sommat like that then got sucked in by all the freebies.

was an interview with the dad of a bairn who reckoned she was addicted to elf bars at age12 on R4 WATO today

Poor Vic. On 19/6 he uploads a nearly 30 minute rant on disposables especially Elf Bar and geek bar and the dangers they pose to the UK vaping industry more or less calling for them to be banned. Three days later he uploads a review of a HAR disposable as he likes the flavour range. You really couldn't make it up.

Just shows you what a few extra £ will do to people

So 20mg of nic is the equivalent of smoking 50 cigarettes?

Chugging down 30ml of 3mg juice a day is 225 cigarettes a day. WTF??

As the nicotine content of the tobacco leaves used in ciggies will vary from plant to plant and even in older and newer growth in the same plant the amount of nicotine in cigarette brands can't be accurately measured (they will give a tar content estimate but not nicotine) so essentially newspapers/reporters can quote whatever nicotine equivalent they feel like. Ridiculously over-exaggerated figures make a better story with a higher shock/horror factor that many people won't question, but will share. It isn't good.

they will give a tar content estimate but not nicotine

they def used to tell you nicotine content. haven’t bought fags for decades and couldn’t find a picture of a fag packet, but see this ad. 12mg tar, 1.1mg nic.

upload_2022-8-7_15-43-1.jpeg

I've only read a few paragraphs so far and I've already come across a huge issue from my personal perspective:

'I coughed profusely and didn’t exactly like it, but that was immaterial: I was having fun, my friends were hysterical and it made great for Snapchat content'

So it's all about social media clout and fitting in with friends, to look trendy? So it's just the new smoking then. A ban would be outrageous just to prevent kids from doing what kids always do; stuff they're not supposed to. BECAUSE they're not supposed to but peer pressure pushes them into doing it.
As I always say, nuance is necessary. Politicians lack that characteristic though. Well, unless it directly effects them. Then they expect us to find the nuance they didn't think of for themselves. See Lockdown parties.

Back
Top Bottom