POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Vaping to go back into parliament.

Discussion in 'In The News' started by SirLugg, Jul 29, 2017.

1. SirLugg

SirLugg Legend

• Like Like x 17
    • Thank Thank x 5
  2. WaitFor1t88

WaitFor1t88 Veteran

Electronic Cigarettes (Regulation) Mr Christopher Chope Bill to make provision for the regulation of the sale and use of electronic cigarettes; to exempt electronic cigarettes from UK law derived from the Tobacco Products Directive; and for connected purposes.

nice find mate

• Like Like x 2
  3. MrDJ

MrDJ Legend

thanks for posting fella.

• Like Like x 2
  4. crustyfolker

crustyfolker Veteran

Fingers crossed again

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Sp3ckyh0td0g81 Achiever

I smoked for the past 20 years thought I'd try vaping like so many others and a month later I have no interest in going anywhere near a cig

The ease at which I switched was incredible

When I started learning about the change in the regulations I could never quite grasp why they would make it harder to access eliquid in quantities that made it affordable and a viable option to help people quit

Lets hope common sense prevails here

• Like Like x 6
  6. SirLugg

SirLugg Legend

That's very well said squire

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Sp3ckyh0td0g81 Achiever

The possibilities in switching smokers over to vaping from the perspective of the NHS and the costing is something the government should seriously be looking into

They support the smoking cessation through local chemists with all the usual patches,sprays guns etc

I don't know the success rate of this but I'd be happy betting that it is not good reading

The government could save themselves millions

Not only that take a massive strain from an already struggling NHS

Both the wife and myself stopped on the same day

Not once sitting getting a proper kit set up have we looked back

I am a bit more of an enthusiast with the cool fire IV, a K1 aspire which I used initially

I then bought a Smok Brit mini tank and then an isub g mini

She started with a cheap vape pen and after I let her try mine she agreed she needed a better set up

I purchased her the inokin t18e regulated mod which she now loves

I can see myself become more a vape geek as time goes on

She will probably stick with what she has

My point is though with so many different people and different smoming stages, from light to heavy, there really is a mod out there for everyone that can be a real tangible solution to smoking

The more the government focus on the benefits of vaping a much healthier nation we can become

Not only that they could well find a real benefit to the NHS

• Like Like x 2
  8. city461

city461 Legend

Any news like that is positive and good news in my book... good spot Chris.

• Like Like x 3
  9. yappycat

yappycat Achiever

Great to see - but I'm not wise to how the political machine works. Is this something that is going to be discussed and voted on that day? Or is Mr Chope simply putting forward a proposal which may, or may not, be looked at in the future and voted upon? At what point can people get involved - like when is it time to write to your MP and start nagging them to get behind bills like this?
    Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, I'm not politically clever, but I think that the balance is starting to tip in favour of vaping and good sense and away from the bullshit spouted by bribed healthcare 'professionals' and the tabloid press. If there's a difference to be made I wanna be helping to make it - not get caught sitting on my ass hoping that other people make the right decisions for me :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. SirLugg

SirLugg Legend

It's just being bought up by Mr Chope at the minute Yap. Mr Chope is just bringing up a point in the house and that's essentially then end of it. It'll be discussed no doubt but to what ends nobody knows.

But the more it happens, the more comfortable the powers that be become with it and the more susceptible to change they become.

I hope.

• Thank Thank x 1