What's new

Vaping behind the wheel

As an ex smoker, I find vaping and driving safer. No burney thing can fall in my lap, no bright lighter/match at night ruining my night vision. Yes the cloud is bigger but there is this window thing I can blow it out of, so not really an issue.

@mikechristopher I can change gear with either of my mods in my hand no problem (both two battery box mods) all though, as I say to all the girls, my gear stick enjoys being handled. ;)

Do you drive an automatic? If not how do you change gear ;) I dont see the difference personally - if you take one hand off the steering wheel to change gear - surely you can use the same hand to have a quick vape
No I didn't. Bit of a difference I feel. Changing gear you need to do with the car or you go nowhere. Vaping is more of a distraction for me. It's the whole thing of having something in your hand when you're also holding the wheel.I wouldn't feel comfortable vaping while driving but each to their own.

Last edited:
I personally need that little extra to help me cope with the amount of morons on the roads. I think I vape safely.

That does make sense in some cases, Vaping would definetely make your Car's interior cloudy which will result in difficulty to watch through the Windshield.
Everyone is not used to Drive car with windows open so, its a Precaution for everyone to keep their Vapes in their pockets their travelling remains safe.

There's always MTL when you're driving. I don't feel the need to be generating my own weather system when I'm behind the wheel ;)

As I'm an MTL vaper I create little in the way of clouds and I use a little Pico mod when out and about so I can easily hold it and the steering wheel. I still always have the window open, though. I probably vape more when driving than at any other time due to the stress.

I really think you should not vape and drive.
Come on guys, you will be able to resist for the duration of a normal drive.

I'm more in control driving with one hand then two, I even got a minor in my driving exam for driving one hand multiple times. This is another reason why I use a Pico to vape because it's small, it doesn't get in the way when I'm changing gears. I guess it's each to their own, I'm confident of my driving abilities but not so confident of others around me.

I'm not boasting how I'm a good driver or how I'm too over confident or whatever, it's just I do a lot more 'activites' whilst driving. One thing I am happy I stopped doing is using my phone whilst driving.. best habit I've kicked next to smoking.

Naw doesn't sound like you're boasting at all...... :confused:

I don't have a cupholder I have a vapeholder. I don't vape whilst actively driving but I do vape at traffic lights / standstill traffic. I don't need to look to see where it is,I can pick it up and put it down without looking and the vapour goes out the window,which is always open because I love the fresh air. I'm always extremely conscious it isn't obscuring my view as I have a dashcam and I'd basically be admitting fault if I let it happen. I don't see them cracking down on it without them cracking down on smoking at the same time but I could live with it, but these arguments of "well some drivers do X so this shouldn't be banned!" is really poor logic, yes, that X should be also be banned, that it isn't doesn't mean Y should stay unbanned, it's either a problem in it's own right or it's not, the rest is politics.

Back
Top Bottom