What's new

Vaping article in the Guardian

Frustrating and annoying. The arguments go round and around.
Forgetting all the tit for tat comments from each camp, the biggest issue I have is the decision to ban vaping in certain countries.
To me, it is so obvious that it's simply corruption. How can anyone ban it when they openly allow smoking. The reasons just don't stack up.
The youth issues again don't ring true either. most youths try smoking and will get addicted to fags, better to try vaping in my opinion.
Unfortunately it all boils down to power and money which is summed up as corruption.

I absolutely agree with you Richard. How they think they can justify banning vaping but not smoking absolutelybeggars belief.

IMO we vapers in the UK have to disregard what is happening in the US, because it’s all about the tobacco companies losing money through vaping, States losing financial loans from tobacco companies dependant on the number of smokers. At the moment, we (UK) are lucky that we have the backing of most of the health organisations that vaping is less dangerous than smoking, and the only bug bear issue we have is TPD. I feel sorry for the US vapers, as they are victims of money and greed.

UK v USA, as per usual, nothing new there, apart from of course the ever increasing outright banning and flavour bans. You can smoke and get stoned but no vaping allowed, a lot to do with the tobacco master settlement agreement.

UK v USA, as per usual, nothing new there, apart from of course the ever increasing outright banning and flavour bans. You can smoke and get stoned but no vaping allowed, a lot to do with the tobacco master settlement agreement.
Summed up in one word..........CORRUPTION

Thoughts on the article:
Balanced and it did reinforce to the general UK public, who it was aimed at, that the NHS is fully in favour of vaping as a tobacco harm reduction methodology.
If anything, I believe it highlighted that the US government is in the pocket of big tobacco and puts tobacco revenue before health of its citizens.

It makes you wonder how a country like USA can be so downright STUPID!! Ban vaping but allow smoking, the world has gone mad!! Good balanced article though I bet the Daily Fail can't wait to print the same thing!

It makes you wonder how a country like USA can be so downright STUPID!! Ban vaping but allow smoking, the world has gone mad!! Good balanced article though I bet the Daily Fail can't wait to print the same thing!
they elected Donald Trump ....

I think stupid is almost in the remit of the US now ...

(before anyone gets upset _ I aint talking about the people, well ... not all of em ... )

The article though ... I thought it was pretty balanced TBH

upload_2020-2-18_13-45-53.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom