What's new

UK flavour ban?

View attachment 271248

Considering 5110 individuals responded to the tpd review, then it's hardly surprising, many have obviously not been listened to. Seems more likely that everyone else has been heard, esp. the businesses, thank you vendors for this :11:

View attachment 271247

Is this the sum of their biggest worries, people who fucking DIY and who need to buy bigger tanks, because 2ml is shite, esp. those tpd ones with rancid toxic silicone inserts in them, tanks and esp. pods that are impossible to fill and use, potentially driving new vapers back onto the fags. And it's not oil motherfucker, it's eliquid.

Look who sits on the The Independent British Vape Trade Association board (IBVTA) :11:

https://www.ibvta.org.uk/about-us/ibvta-board/

TW right in there, fat lot of use to many potv members, we all know their business model

View attachment 271249

View attachment 271250

And who are The Puffin Hut :hmm: Just had a look at the rtas and rdas listed on their site, an Aspire Cleito rta is listed but it's the cleito rba deck, and an aspire Cleito 120 rta, same thing it's the rba deck, wtaf.

https://thepuffinhut.com/collections/rta-tanks

https://thepuffinhut.com/collections/rda-tanks

62 disposables available though :angrymob:

Plus the The UK Vaping Industry Association (UKVIA) declared some time ago (?) or was it the other lot, that they didn't want any changes to tank sizes. With friends like these, who needs enemies, vapers are being set up, no wonder not many get involved, I filled the tpd consultation in, I doubt it made a difference at all, why did I bother??

The 2ml tank size was gold plated into UK TRPR legislation, the UK could've gone down the German route - no restrictions, but no. The review is a whitewash, concerned only with maintaining the status quo, denying people access to properly functioning tanks and atomisers, due to the 2ml limit, plus it's obvious, to me at least, that the movers and shakers amongst the IBVTA and UKVIA want shortfills nailed. Shortfills being a product that exist and were invented, in a large part, because of the dumb 10ml bottle size limit, a limit certainly the likes of TW and others want retained. Yet the fuckers do nothing about disposables, apart from promoting and selling them in their 10s of 1000s View attachment 271251
Trade bodies represent their members, and their members primary interest is to make money. Our influence comes from supporting the NNA (*vested interest disclaimer here) and writing to local MPs.

I disagree about the whitewash thing. The review had to happen and needs to take place to inform legislative change. What goes into the statute book is pretty much down to how loud consumers can be in demanding common sense.

There’s a piece going up this week about writing to Rees-Mogg. Regardless how anyone feels about him, it’s a great ‘in’ to changing tanks, bottles and nic caps.

I thought the uk was all pro-vape, where is this all coming from all of a sudden?

That whole 2ml thing is the silliest thing ever, nic levels, sure, flavors, ok, but the amount of juice u can put in a single tank, when u can just carry around a few of them or a bottle to refill it, pointless, especially with pods

I dunno how your laws get passed there, but here its to the point where if anti-vaping legislation is voted down, its simply attached to a huge spending bill, basically making it a bribe to enact legislation the country doesnt want, not just vapers

I thought the uk was all pro-vape, where is this all coming from all of a sudden?

That whole 2ml thing is the silliest thing ever, nic levels, sure, flavors, ok, but the amount of juice u can put in a single tank, when u can just carry around a few of them or a bottle to refill it, pointless, especially with pods

the rationale was to do with safety but the decisions were no doubt carried out by out of touch bureaucrats who’ve never even smoked an ecig. :)

the rationale was to do with safety but the decisions were no doubt carried out by out of touch bureaucrats who’ve never even smoked an ecig. :)
I guess if someone decided to drink it? Well, ya know, now that u have said that i could see a child possibly drinking it, it makes much more sense.

2ml of 20mg per ml, i can see what the thought process was, it was wrong way to go about it, but i see what they were thinking

Last edited:

The UK has its fair share of those who are anti-vaping but many including the NHS see vaping as an excellent way for smokers to give up smoking and that overall it is far less harmful than smoking.

The three issues typically used by the anti-vaping crew are nicotine which despite it being essentially harmless is seen as some sort of pariah, the large range of non-tobacco flavours which they say encourages vaping amongst the under 18s and those who have never smoked and of course the 'is it safe' argument.

As for the 2ml tank rule whoever thought of that would be a winning contestant on the tv quiz show Pointless.

I guess if someone decided to drink it? Well, ya know, now that u have said that i could see a child possibly drinking it, it makes much more sense.

2ml of 20mg per ml, i can see what the thought process was, it was wrong way to go about it, but i see what they were thinking

the same rationale is behind the 10ml bottle limit, and the 20mg nic limit.

That would be why bleach bottles, white spirit etc etc are only 10ml then. :)
Bleach bottles dont taste like cherry cheesecake is the prob. It would still be very unpleasant to swallow

Bleach bottles dont taste like cherry cheesecake is the prob. It would still be very unpleasant to swallow

The 10ml bottle restriction is all about nicotine, meanwhile alcohol has no such restriction.

Back
Top Bottom