What's new

UK flavour ban?

Plain packaging is having more of a push than flavour bans. ASH mocked up plain Smok packaging to demonstrate its potential - ignoring that Smok have a good rep, responsible business practices and don't market to teens.

There's a meeting with them taking place next week, it'll be interesting to see what ASH have to say for themselves. One minute they're agreeing that misinformation deters smokers switching, the next they come out with this horseshit.

If the reasoning is to try and stop "young people" from vaping then I'm sorry but no added flavourings doesn't make any difference to stopping young people from smoking so it wouldn't make one bit of difference with vaping.

In all honesty it comes down to monkey see monkey do so if adults smoke the children will want to do the same.

Personally i just see it as a diversion tactic to draw away from the fact they cant prevent kids from smoking no more than they can prevent kids from vaping.

Too expensive and difficult to police so lets throw as many spanners in the works as possible instead.

I'll say it the way i see it
Govenment is losing too much money from their tobacco tax.
They need to get more people smoking but still condemn them
for doing so.
Vapers / ex-smokers just happens to be the easiest target.
Of course they are never going to admit to any of this.
If peoples health and children taking up smoking / vaping was
their biggest concern they would ban both all together.

I'll say it the way i see it
Govenment is losing too much money from their tobacco tax.
They need to get more people smoking but still condemn them
for doing so.
Vapers / ex-smokers just happens to be the easiest target.
Of course they are never going to admit to any of this.
If peoples health and children taking up smoking / vaping was
their biggest concern they would ban both all together.

that’s a bit far fetched and doesn’t even make sense.

fair enough. :)
upload_2021-8-21_18-12-35.png

Good luck to a smoke free Britain if flavours ever got banned. That target won’t be getting hit

it be interesting the stop smoking. but its ok them lifting the age restriction up. the problem is the parents will still give cigs to kids

Back
Top Bottom