What's new

Thought we was passed this shit!

Gonloopy

Veteran
The below is in The Scum, tomorrow . I cant read the detail yet, as I can only see the headline and the intro paragraph, but FFS!

No doubt it'll be yet another crappy study that can easily be debunked .

image.jpeg

It's being announced all over the early morning news on LBC as fact. Vaping is as bad for your heart as fags. Oh god. Round and round and round we go and when we stop, nobody knows

Getting tired of this now. Just as i think we're starting to turn a corner more shite pops up.

As I understand it the article only states they have proven nicotine has an affect on the heart, irrespective of how it is delivered. That is the equivalent of saying coffee is as bad for you as diet coke, as we know caffeine also has an affect on the heart. Interesting how the media jumps on an overseas "professional" stating vaping is "possibly" bad for your heart and saves the numerous British references from PHE and the like to the end of the article when people have had their shock/horror fix and have given up on the article.

Articles like this are why I don't buy comics like the Sun.

The rechargeable gadgets sell for as little as £5 each. They give a nicotine hit but with no tobacco toxins.

Deborah Arnott, from quit-smoking charity ASH, insisted e-cigs were much safer than tobacco.

Rosanna O’Connor, director of drugs, alcohol and tobacco at Public Health England, agreed, saying: “Vaping carries a fraction of the risk of smoking.

“Yet many smokers are still not aware, which could be keeping people smoking rather than switching to a much less harmful alternative.”

......... hard to believe these words are written in an 'article' with the headline "vaping as bad as fags" :eyeroll:

Unfortunately, the headline is all many people need or even read. The validity or otherwise of the research is irrelevant. Now we have to listen to "those are as bad as fags" as the sum total of some people's knowledge about vaping, all over again. I won't be responding.

Back
Top Bottom