What's new

The sun and deaths in the usa

That's what makes nicotine into salts.

Freebase nic is quite alkaline, so you add an acid to bring it closer to neutral.

There are a couple of options as to which acid to use.

thankyou ive just read an independent report about juul and nic salts and how high there mg from what im reading there are 2 paths here juul pods and the thc deaths as we all know but the juul pods 50mg plus in nic how in gods name did no one see this coming

I even looked to see if juul are at this year's expo I couldn't see them there

I fought against the TPD regs. Yes they are a real pain in the arse, and they could be a *lot* more sensible... but they do feel like a line of defense in situations like these.

I get so angry at the press for sensationalising total fucking tragedy and spinning it into fear-mongering click bait that will ultimately be responsible for many times more death as a result of of inappropriate legislation and because so many smokers are discouraged from trying an effective alternative.

me too i was against it but im glad we have them i would never imagine in my wildest dreams I would ever say that

thankyou ive just read an independent report about juul and nic salts and how high there mg from what im reading there are 2 paths here juul pods and the thc deaths as we all know but the juul pods 50mg plus in nic how in gods name did no one see this coming

I even looked to see if juul are at this year's expo I couldn't see them there

In itself, the high nic levels aren't an issue if used appropriately.

I don't know if the 50mg level is including or excluding the acid component (because it makes a difference to the actual nic content), but just using the raw numbers...

If you use 25ml of 20mg/ml juice, or use 10ml of 50mg/ml juice in the same time period, you're using the same amount.

But, the (as I've recently discovered) very aggressive marketing from Juul plainly targeted at teenagers, coupled with the high strengths - that was always a recipe for disaster.

I've not seen anything on Juul pods being filled with THC juice (although it's bound to have happened) - all the published confiscations and the like have been the old (to us) style of cartomiser.

But, the (as I've recently discovered) very aggressive marketing from Juul plainly targeted at teenagers, coupled with the high strengths - that was always a recipe for disaster.

I almost felt sorry for Juul at one point, but then I saw some of the ads and thought WTF?

I almost felt sorry for Juul at one point, but then I saw some of the ads and thought WTF?

Exactly.

And a cursory glance through their PR history makes it even worse.

They have done more damage to the industry and public opinion than the most prolific and militant anti vape groups combined could ever have dreamed of causing.

Without them (and assuming nobody else took their place, which is a big assumption considering the American market model) it's unlikely there would've been a fraction of the current problems with the FDA and other administrations.

Exactly.

And a cursory glance through their PR history makes it even worse.

They have done more damage to the industry and public opinion than the most prolific and militant anti vape groups combined could ever have dreamed of causing.

Without them (and assuming nobody else took their place, which is a big assumption considering the American market model) it's unlikely there would've been a fraction of the current problems with the FDA and other administrations.

I read that the new ceo is looking at a aggressive market strategy in Europe and the uk to promote expansion and of course help the kiddies...

Then you get stuff like this in the Guardian, which is supposedly more reliable than The Scum. Guess who the expert is. /s

"Lung disease from vaping has hit Britain, says expert"

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/29/vaping-lung-disease-has-hit-britain

Oh for fucks sake

This was never published that I saw but it sounds like she’s allergic to vg

but in saying that 200 people per day every day die from smoking in the uk

so was she on the ward with the people coughing there guts up after they stood outside having a fag by the entrance

7.1 million per year worldwide die

Then you get stuff like this in the Guardian, which is supposedly more reliable than The Scum. Guess who the expert is. /s

"Lung disease from vaping has hit Britain, says expert"

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/29/vaping-lung-disease-has-hit-britain

See that is what boils my piss....

No not just the BS article, but the fact they write this shit but comments are not allowed
So they can project their own narrative & nobody can debate, question or counter it

BBC News - their main website has very very few pieces where comments exist
I've seen a steady decline in MSM posting articles & allowing any comments
(YES breaking news should be just that of course but I'm talking general articles/stories/opinions)

One of the biggest things that sticks out is they admit THC in most cases
BUT then say but many have not......

So what are the figures/percentages - ergh we don't know

SO FUCK OFF WRITING THAT SHIT UNTIL YOU DO KNOW

Back
Top Bottom