What's new

The rise of vaping

Simple is as simple does;)

I believe that as long as I'm not hurting anyone else, I should be allowed to do whatever I like. It should be down to me to decide how risky something is and whether I find that risk acceptable. I'm not a child and I don't need to be risk managed by regulation.

Spot on.

So for example, you think it should be ok for me to drive about in a car that’s an absolute death trap, drunk at 60mph in residential areas, and it’s only a problem after I run somebody over and kill them?

That seems a bit stupid, no?

12367852915_a4fa6e90a3_b.jpg

...sub ohm vaping will be a thing of the past. TPD will be the least of people's worries.

Are you seriously worried about this? How do you imagine it would be policed? A vape squad going about with multimeters doing random checks to make sure none of us have coils below 1Ω?

And how is puffing a 0.9Ω device more dangerous that one at 1.1Ω?

You seem a bit paranoid in addition to being irrational.

Are you seriously worried about this? How do you imagine it would be policed? A vape squad going about with multimeters doing random checks to make sure none of us have coils below 1Ω?

And how is puffing a 0.9Ω device more dangerous that one at 1.1Ω?

You seem a bit paranoid in addition to being irrational.

Am I seriously worried about this specific example no, look at the context I gave the example. Am I concerned that we are increasingly being restricted and having our freedoms curtailed by regulation, absolutely.

So for example, you think it should be ok for me to drive about in a car that’s an absolute death trap, drunk at 60mph in residential areas, and it’s only a problem after I run somebody over and kill them?

That seems a bit stupid, no?

Your point isn't really in the context of the debate.

Am I seriously worried about this specific example no, look at the context I gave the example. Am I concerned that we are increasingly being restricted and having our freedoms curtailed by regulation, absolutely.

Exactly. Look at what has just happened in San Francisco. It'll be New York next.

I see you’ve not responded to my post above #30. I will assume that this is because you don’t have a response because what’s i said is right.

Maybe you could give be specific about these freedoms of yours that are being curtailed by regulations. It might make it easier to have a discussion about it.

Yes it is. Saying otherwise is just avoidance of addressing my point, because you know I’m right.

No it isn't. You are trying to prove your point by using an off topic argument that no one can disagree with. General traffic rules have zero relevance to the subject of vaping regulation. Try making the same point using an analogy relevant to the subject of vaping. Your argument also ignores this part of @bestkeptsecret point, i.e what I agreed with, "I believe that as long as I'm not hurting anyone else, I should be allowed to do whatever I like." Your whole reckless driving argument ignores that part as there is every potential that it could hurt someone.

Back
Top Bottom