What's new

the end of dodgy chinese fakes? hope so!!

I'm going to try and do vape fest, I get around the country a fair bit though, not sure moiching about with a van full of rifles is a great idea lol

Someone who has a nemesis clone is a pretender. They are pretending they have a nemesis. Clone users even use the name of the original without adding clone, fake, or copy at the end, or ch at the beginning like they have the real thing. A certain user listed a shit load of stuff in his sig that made him look like he had a beast of a collection of high end shit. When actually he had a load of clones.
there are cheap devices out there that are not clones, they just may not look as nice. But apparently people don't buy clones because they look nice?

And i I look forward to the tongue lashing, I'll make sure I don't wear a belt or button flies :P

I have a Nerm and am living under no illusion that I have the real thing. I do not pretend to have the real thing. I use it for what it was intended.

Dont get me started about the original Nemesis... Have you even bothered to find out who designed the logo? Because it sure as hell is not "original". :P Therefore using the Nem as an example is a poor choice. The Chi You? Even worse!

Lists of mods in peoples signatures does not impress me in the least, "originals" or clones. I am more impressed by the length of time someone hasnt smoked...the story that got them to vaping...and the passion they develop for helping others. That far outweighs the cost or "originality" of a mod in my book any day ;)

I seriously think the last "best" original to ever come out was the Hellfire and even that was ripped off someone elses idea :P

Oh and I bet you would!

I'm going to try and do vape fest, I get around the country a fair bit though, not sure moiching about with a van full of rifles is a great idea lol

Good point... Haha!
But, if you're ever down my way, do feel free to give me a pm! Even though the village I live in is practically dead, there's one decent pub (out of 4), and a decent coffee shop. And the pub allows vaping. Wahey!

I think the best original mods are the ones you find that people have made themselves for themselves.

For example, a guy on the other forum has fastened a 510 onto a cheap 26650 torcg for when he's dog walking, keeps a small dripper on the side, two buttons, one for the 510, one for the torch.

Words cannot describe how awesome I think that is, the tin mods in the potv diy corner, I'd far sooner have something a forum friend has made than an original vela, there's just something special about it.

I have torches that wrre either gifts from friends across the globe, or bought from fellow modders or built alongside fellow modders, those are the ones that are invaluable to me, simply because of the personal attachment.

As an example. One torch I built. I bouggt the host from a US forum member, it was shipped to another US forum member who machined a mount for the driver and emitter board he sold to me, he then shipped it over to the US member who talked me into going for it....hevwas holidaying for easter in the uk with his English wife so he carried it over and posted it when he landed.

A full on international effort and priceless to me for that experience.

After we lost our baby girl just before Christmas, the guy from the forum stepped in again

Those arrived two days later.

After that the extent of their friendship was revealed. They had a collection, and approached a manufacturer to supply a headlight with a specific spec. The manufacturer donated the light but could not meet the spec, they ok'd one of the members to modify the light with the exact emitter I use for my own work lights, a trye one of a kind. Its never left my person since.

Now mods like these, those are the mods I hanker for, the red rod springs to mind as one, those are the mods that should not, but in this vein cannot, be cloned. A batch run off on a cnc? Well, I dont see the same attachment mysrlf.

gords1001 So sorry for your loss mate, words on a forum cant describe how your post made me feel. Just puts things in perspective. Just hope this forum can do you as proud one day. Awesome gestures, sounds like a great crowd. Be strong.

Cheers Reevo, and don't worry, it was, not totally unexpected, we knew the likely outcome from the first scan, we decided to let her fight or nature have its way, I'm really misding having a tiny one to cuddle, thats the bit I feel most robbed about but my two toddlers still adore their dad, our little luke still wont sleep without coming to find me at some point in the night.

I feel this forum is definitely on par with blf, no worries there, that place though has a certain something, probably because vapers are a growing community. I know there are only a handful of torch modders world wide, its an odd hobby, maybe as an international group thar makes us closer? I know its the firsr real community I ever felr a part of and its whar spawned both the flashlight forum and the vaping forum two British based international forums I'm proud to moderare on.

Here's what has keot us sane over this Christmas

Last edited:
But @gords, you haven't said why folks cared enough to do this. That's the real point. Folks did this because of what you'd done for them. Like coming to look for a missing member who you'd never met. 400 miles away! clones/real ones? For some that's a big deal, but when it gets down to it, our common humanity is way more important.

Whether they buy/use clones or "real" ones.

Shucks Don, that was nothin, we're just a hellish tight nit community, your a legend there, people were worried, I could go make sure you were ok is all.

Page_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom