What's new

Suicide Bunny not safe to vape ??

example of a comparison. ..... anyway your correct. I apologise
Appreciated. Accepted, whatever the appropriate response in a forum is.
Potential overreaction on my part. Mildly fucked off at the world today. Glossed over and moved on.

as you were people, nothing to see here. Move along the bus

If 50,000,000 people drop dead tomorrow from vaping I may hesitate to buy Mother's Milk.

But this is a Youtube video, and I am not one of those people who thinks 9/11 was an inside job.

SO FUCKING VAPE ON!!!

Agreed. I don't care much for comments like ooooh you might get hit by a car on standing on the pavement as a comparison to people's legitimate concerns around a product they are using a a harm prevention mechanism.

I do use SB. They clearly have been singled out. I'm sure there's a lot of juices much worse

But Why vape something potentially harmful when it's possible to remove it from juice.....

Saying screw it I'm to hardcore to care is sto0opid.

That's kinda the point, it's not really possible to remove it from juice so long as you want creamy or buttery flavour. If it was as clear cut as replacing it for a completely safe alternative then everyone would have done it, I'm fairly certain that no one is in the game to intentionally harm folk.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

If 50,000,000 people drop dead tomorrow from vaping I may hesitate to buy Mother's Milk.

But this is a Youtube video, and I am not one of those people who thinks 9/11 was an inside job.

SO FUCKING VAPE ON!!!

those people? you mean loonys?

only messing

well kind of

lol

That's kinda the point, it's not really possible to remove it from juice so long as you want creamy or buttery flavour. If it was as clear cut as replacing it for a completely safe alternative then everyone would have done it, I'm fairly certain that no one is in the game to intentionally harm folk.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Agreed. SB origionally claimed AP free from what I have read yet both sets of tests including their own show levels of AP. There own showing levels below a "safe" (take that how you will ) level per ml where as i read that the click bang tests showing levels 4 x this. ( take that with a pinch of salt I can't remember what the exact numbers were. There's loads of other more reliable sources than my memory)

So anyway... that's odd for a start....politics at play ? Who knows . I think there was going to be a third set of tests ? Iv not really kept up with the storey though.

RE: creating flavours like that without diactyl / AP / ba .... i understood thst this is possible to get close. There are vendors out there creating custards for example with ND trace levels of the above substances

If test results were provided for liquids allowing people to make up their own minds then this would still be moving foreward.

Then I guess anyone can produce whatever test results they want.... no laws....no regs.....

Obviously combusted tobacco is worse and this is thd lesser of two evils whatever the situation is

It's a good thing that people are talking about it though. It can only make things better and raise people's awareness giving them the ability to make informed decisions about the liquid they want to buy

This is all based on trawling the net and reading conflicting arguments. Would be interesting to hear other views

For the time being I will not worry too much... since quitting smoking and taking up vaping and vaping on SB to that point I can breathe at night without using an inhaler before I go to sleep !

Last edited:
My one and only concern is that those saying "nobody knows whats in it" will get their way and legislation will force small manufacturers out of business. The is exactly what the tobacco and pharmaceutical industries want.

Suicide Bunny have evidence:-
http://thesuicidebunny.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/SB-Lab-Report.pdf

I have no reason to believe they faked them or are lying about their ingredients. I think it possible that their suppliers lied about what they were supplying. Or at least got sloppy.

I think the video here is being shrill... I'm not liking the way he approached this. A subject like this needs a sober approach, and what he said sounded a lot like, "We are all doomed! But I am going to vape it anyway".

On the whole, it is no bad thing that we are policing ourselves, it will keep everybody honest. But I think we can do it without the drama.

The video posted here is called "Suicide Bunny EXPOSED - Tested POSITIVE For Harmful Chemicals".
It references a podcast which is two and a half hours and begins with lots of anger and swearing. Life is too short for me to listen to it, but as far as i know it is a two and a half hour rant. Again, the title suggests it is aimed squarely at Suicide Bunny.

When somebody presents science to me in this way, they are usually up to no good. That has been my experience.

So, right at the beginning of the video he states 'acetyl propionyl may be just as, if not more harmful as Diacetyl'

I would like to know where this data comes from as his entire video bases on this 'fact'

AP has nearly twice the safe dosage level as DA if we are reading from the rule book set out that says it's all harmful. Where in science can you get that something is more harmful but has double the safe dosage?

Flawed interpretation of science...

Now please go and fund the tests on any and all butter and cream flavouring base replacements and let us in the e-liquid industry know which are actually long term safe with no risks. When you can do that you can demand that all manufacturers use safe ingredients as currently the only alternatives are known inhalation irritants and therefore will come under the same scrutiny that AP is under now.

In chemistry the moving around of single molecules can make a dangerous product less or more dangerous, Diacetyl was the chemical under fire and found unsafe so using current at the time knowledge they made it safer with what they had. AP has come under fire now for similar reasons so a quick test to show no diketones should be enough now to show a product to not have any similar risks and everyone can be happy in the knowledge that vaping is much safer.

It won't be, you aren't likely to see these assurances for many years or even decades until the full remit of chemicals have been tested for safety and during this period there will be times where ingredients are found to hold a risk - you are putting a chemical into your lungs that shouldn't be there, regardless that holds risk but even during the click bang radio segment Dr Farsalinos points out that even with DA or AP in juices the risk of vaping compared to smoking is still likely 95% better, a point often missed, misinterpreted or glossed over to just get to the nasties.

Last edited:
They provided evidence of AP levels that were found in the juice too. Over 100 ppm in one of them. Wonder how this compares to other juices ? Is It bad? Negligable ?

Gets complicated ... well ....I got fed up of reading contradicting stories about AP levels and what's considered unsafe etc etc

Back
Top Bottom