What's new

*sigh* another pocket explosion

Only thing I ever had a battery explosion in was in one of these cat toys - heard a bang went to investigate and found the poor thing lying in the middle of the floor and one of the batteries was black and in bits. There was no fire and no real mice were harmed in the incident ;)

Screenshot_7.png

Only thing I ever had a battery explosion in was in one of these cat toys - heard a bang went to investigate and found the poor thing lying in the middle of the floor and one of the batteries was black and in bits. There was no fire and no real mice were harmed in the incident ;)

View attachment 111127
Wow, I am glad your cat was not playing with the toy at the time!

Just goes to show, as does @mannikon 's post, all batteries need to be treated with respect, not just the batteries we use for our devices.

View attachment 111127

We all know what clever buggers cats are. Yours probably just detonated it from a distance rather than trying to attack it. ;)

Wow, I am glad your cat was not playing with the toy at the time!

Just goes to show, as does @mannikon 's post, all batteries need to be treated with respect, not just the batteries we use for our devices.

If the cat had been playing with it the injury would have been to me and not the cat :) It projects a pinpoint of light for the cat to chase when you depress the button on top (like a laser pointer) so it would have been in my hand. I wouldn't ever give my cats summat with batteries in it to play with - @Greebo is right about em being clever and sneaky, they'd only use em to rig summat up to blow the door off the fridge lol

In this day and age batteries are seen as just a normal thing to have around and displayed in shops by the stack load and the dangers have been forgotten!! No one considers the fact given the right situation all battery's can be a hand Grenade !!! Just ask Samsung it's cost them millions!!!

Back
Top Bottom