What's new

RIP Isle of Custard

This is bad news, yet another company going due to the tpd. Why not just take no notice, the TPD is unpoliceable. You can always tell porkys and say you had absolutely loads of stock (keep topping it up).
The only way to effectively beat the tpd is to do what Weed smokers and growers and dealers do and ignore the law.
The more that ignore it the faster the Government will get fed up and change the TPD rules. They can't send everyone to prison, there is no room now, all they can do is fine you and you can make the money back. As someone who doesn't follow the norm or wish to be sheep herded in life by what society wants It's diapointing that people give up without trying to fight against it. But i wish you well in whatever you decide to do
Largely because those of us who have set up legit businesses and have employees to pay etc, don't want to be going to work with the constant worry of Raids and inspections over our heads. You can't hide PAYE it would take one visit to get properly in the shit.

Better to comply or take nicotine out of the mix - for as long as that lasts.

Also you have to realise not everyone is as comfortable breaking the law as some, for some people's psychs that kind of rule bending is just not in their personal makeup.

I wonder how many, if any, small enterprises will do just that, @ZT? Sell 0mg juices and the customer adds their own nic (for as long as that's available!)

Would be a shame to lose the liquids completely :(

This is shit I'm a big custard lover and I have only just found isle of custard been looking at them for a week now waiting for payday now I see this gutted!!!!!!!!

This is shit I'm a big custard lover and I have only just found isle of custard been looking at them for a week now waiting for payday now I see this gutted!!!!!!!!
Small recompense I know, but get your order in on payday, you won't regret it :) I'm not going to give out their discount code on here as it's not in the spirit of the thing, but if you look at their FB page, it's there and it's worth having.

A sad week with Isle of Custard and Molejuice both announcing closures. The bosun's nutting bag is one of my favourite juices so I'm gutted by this. I'm sure they said that Isle of Flavours would continue so we'll still be able to diy.

Slow handclap to the EU for killing off some great small businesses with the TPD.

Back
Top Bottom