What's new

Pilot "Smoking" an ecig.

He has to be some special kind of stoopid.....he was the frikkin pilot! A pilot! Tryin to stealth vape! Tens of thousands of feet up in the air! What a nugget! :rotflmao:

Its all in the way they report it.

Idiotic VAPING pilot switch of air con which CAUSED A PLANE TO NEARLY CRASH

Right button, wrong button, smoking not vaping etc etc, what a load of rot.

This is the important bit, that is super hyped.
CAUSED A PLANE TO NEARLY CRASH

The plane did not nearly crash after plunging 6,500m. The plane did what they are designed to do, a "controlled emergency decent" to a lower altitude, because it sensed the drop in oxygen levels. Loads of warnings would have gone off in the cockpit, and it would have self levelled at a breathable altitude, I think that's about 10,000 to 11,000 ft,

I'll let you have that the co-pilots an idiot, although I would be more concerned at their level of training, it was only the aircon, what if it was something more vital they turned off in error.

Of course it did. Did you even read it?
A co-pilot pushed a wrong button and the a plane took a plunge. There are many mistakes a pilot can make that put the passengers in danger. Vaping is not one of them, but pressing the wrong control is. The pilot is guilty of the latter, but the article, especially the title, is blaming the former, probably because it's more interesting.

A co-pilot pushed a wrong button and the a plane took a plunge. There are many mistakes a pilot can make that put the passengers in danger. Vaping is not one of them, but pressing the wrong control is. The pilot is guilty of the latter, but the article, especially the title, is blaming the former, probably because it's more interesting.

He pressed the wrong button because he was trying to conceal the vapour. If he hadn’t been vaping it wouldn’t have happened.

Back
Top Bottom