What's new

Olbas Oil for children

Mark

Legend
View attachment 20451Just for a moment when I saw this on FB I thought it was an eliquid bottle. Call me paranoid. Still, something to watch out for if you have kids.

"PLEASE SHARE AND MAKE PEOPLE AWARE.... Last night we had to take our daughter Lilly to the children's A&E DEPT due to using Olbas oil for children!!! (Can be used from 3 months) I put the stated dose onto a bib and tied it to the side of the bed and told her not to touch it as it's dangerous. I then popped out to use the loo and was gone for one minute max when I returned her face was bright red and she told me she had been sucking the bib.

When we called the 111 service they contacted the poison line and called us straight back apparently it is HIGHLY TOXIC!!! When we arrived at the hospital they examined her and then kept her in over night, the DR explained that although it is a natural oil they are the worst for children to swallow, once it is in the blood stream it can cause side affects from coughing to seizures as well as other side affects and it only takes as little as 2 drops to be dangerous! (can not believe this is a natural oil you can use for babies, and the cap does not even have a safety catch on it so if a child decided to have a drink of it they would be able to open the bottle).

The DR also explained that none of these natural oils actually do anything for your child and the best thing for a blocked nose is the saline drops/sprays as they are just salt water. Luckily for us our child has only developed a cough from it. PLEASE PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN BE AWARE as unfortunately most of us think natural oils are safe!!!"

No ,you're wrong ! it clearly states 'for children' on the bottle. :P

Last edited:
<Facepalm> One of the most dangerous things for some children is the stupidity of their parents ... also see 'puppies and owners'...

I am currently drafting Article 21 to put forward to the E.U - The restriction of common items that are way more accessible than eliquid amendment :D

Olbas oil has been around for years. The label has full instructions and warnings. Parent's fault.

Easy mistake to make, ive gone through 5ml of this tonight ... blowing huge snot bubbles instead of clouds :D

I was lying in bed one night sniffing it, I was really ill and in a moment of carelessness, I lay back further and tipped it right down my snout. It was worse than child birth I imagine, I'm sure women make out it's worse than it really is anyway, but believe me, it was horrific!
I immediately felt like I'd been hit in the face with a sledge hammer!
I'm sure you're all aware of what water feels like when it's went up your nose, well imagine hot lead, because that's what it felt like, I was rolling about in pure agony... Then the projectile vomiting started, I was sick all over my bed, my floor, my Playstation, it was like something off the Exorcist and once I'd finally taken some kind control of the situation, I just lay there is a pool of sick for like an hour rocking and rubbing my face and throat.
Don't try this at home!

Blue bollocks and blu blocks are entirely different entitys blu blocks if u eat em u die blue bollocks if you don't get ur end away ur sack aches

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom