What's new

Italian Juice Tax

Where do the implications mean though.
How will this affect Flavorart, a lot of their stuff is Italian, I think.

Knowing the Italians there will probably be riots on the streets.

Will have to ask my colleague Antonio for his thoughts on Friday.................

Governments around Europe, including our own will be watching this with great interest.
If there is little negative reaction among the Italian public, and no great reaction from Italian vapers, other Governments may follow suit.
there's no reaction at all, sadly. no coverage from the newspapers and tv, just some minor solitary voices but basically the majority of the population is completely unaware...and even if they heard about it they just don't give a f**k(as vaping is that s*it that brings water in your lungs).
there's been a protest in Rome some days ago and if i hadn't been a hardcore vaper who is part of some italian vaping forums i would know nothing about it.

Where do the implications mean though.
How will this affect Flavorart, a lot of their stuff is Italian, I think.
flavourart core business is about food aromas...and also in the vaping field their Main interest is in the flavour business so i don't think they are really concerned

there's no reaction at all, sadly. no coverage from the newspapers and tv, just some minor solitary voices but basically the majority of the population is completely unaware...and even if they heard about it they just don't give a f**k(as vaping is that s*it that brings water in your lungs).
there's been a protest in Rome some days ago and if i hadn't been a hardcore vaper who is part of some italian vaping forums i would know nothing about it.
Can you not simply import juice from another European country as an individual ?
There is supposed to be freedom of movement of goods throughout Europe and somehow I cannot see the Italian customs having the time or resources to check every individual package arriving in Italy to check it does not contain non-taxed juice.

Knowing the Italians there will probably be riots on the streets.

Will have to ask my colleague Antonio for his thoughts on Friday.................
I think that ordinary people are concerned about the lack of money in their pockets.
nowadays is not really a good historical moment to be italian

Last edited:
Can you not simply import juice from another European country as an individual ?
There is supposed to be freedom of movement of goods throughout Europe and somehow I cannot see the Italian customs having the time or resources to check every individual package arriving in Italy to check it does not contain non-taxed juice.
infact it will be interesting to see what will happen. sure there's no way to prevent simple citizens like me to buy from the EU but the real problem is that vaping has been included in the same field as tobacco so now if your package is randomly checked by italian Postal service you will be fined for smuggling!
i'm waiting to read something about this matter in the next couple of weeks as at the moment i refuse to lose my time readings lot of nonsense full of " in my opinion","i'm sure they can't do this as my cousin told me blah blah", "my nephew works at the post office and he told me..."
let the lawyers read through the fucking papers and will see what really will happen : (

My Italian friend vapes n lives here in the UK...visits Italy often, always comes back with vape gear that she is given cos someone has chucked it and went back on the fags....reason its cheaper to smoke n ready available.

tell me about it! might consider switching to crack: easier to buy and less expensive :(
just out of curiosity how much is a pack of cigs out there now and are they banning menthol cigs like in the uk. average in the uk is £10.30 a pack of 20 (11.63 euro)
sounds like someone in government has had a back hander from big tobacco or pharma companies.

More likely they've realised that if everyone who smokes quits or switches to vaping the govt would go bankrupt.

just out of curiosity how much is a pack of cigs out there now and are they banning menthol cigs like in the uk. average in the uk is £10.30 a pack of 20 (11.63 euro)
sounds like someone in government has had a back hander from big tobacco or pharma companies.

A quick google shows up between 4.20 and 5.40 euro for 20

Back
Top Bottom