What's new

Is this hope !!! TPD future relief

If e-cigs had been invented but never had the word "cig" in it is reckon they would never had been classed in the TPD. I mean logically they have no tobacco or use tobacco products in them.

I got a new mod last week and it has the new warning on it about "this product may contain nicotine ". How come it doesn't have to say "this product may contain traces of nuts"?
The main issue I think is the liquid nicotine is derived from the tobacco plant so that's why the tpd affected it, so until synthetic nicotine gets down to a viable price point we are stuffed.

Thanks Flipside...

I think that vape shops and the owners have got this covered now with nic "shots".

I vape eliquid with nic ranging from 1mg to 3mg. In the near future I plan to go nocotine free.

I think what should have been put in place is vape shops can sell whatever size tank the want with the stipulation being that it has to be used with nicotine free eliquid

I got a new mod last week and it has the new warning on it about "this product may contain nicotine ". How come it doesn't have to say "this product may contain traces of nuts"?

Because the fact that it has a giant warning label on it saying the product may contain nicotine, when no mod is ever sold containing nicotine, shows anyone with even half a brain in their head that the packaging OBVIOUSLY contains traces of "nuts".

I'd like a few answers for these questions tho. ..

How much do smokers cost the NHS and how much do they contribute in taxes on fags?

They cost an awful lot, taxes cover a lot of it (though invariably it's swallowed up into the central coffers and never seen again) but the pharma companies profiting from the fallout of the harm also pay not only licensing fees in millions per drug to MHRA but also offer expensive equipment as deal makers to hospitals willing to use only their drugs. On the whole I believe the NHS would net gain from the total money brought in through smoking and related illness

How much have the big tobacco and big pharmaceutical companies had their hand in the new regulations?

Quite a bit, it's pretty much guaranteed that the more restrictive laws came as a result of lobbying

When was it passed as law in the house of commons and lords regarding the Directive?

The tricky thing here is that the EU rolled the cigarette and Ecig laws together for the vote and as a complete directive. Had they have been on seperate votes then the commons and lords would have had an opportunity to stop one passing while keeping the most harmful stuff heavily regulated

Will we fall in like with the (hopefully) new laws in the USA?

I hope not, cost wise it would kill pretty much every vendor that is just managing to get through the UK regulations

VAPING SAVES LIVES

Indeed, though this does not matter. At this kind of level it's about money and the big companies have plenty of money and influence to shape things to suit their bottom line and shareholders.

The OP's video showing Lord Forsyth 'seeing' the benefits of vaping with his son is a positive thing to see, even if it had no lasting effect on the bill at the moment. The more recent studies (e.g. testing of the air in a small vape shop showing NO detectable horrors in the vapour) along with the realistic long-term testing of vaping on the human body may provide some more support for future changes.

Until the knee-jerk, short-sighted, badly-researched, profit-driven changes we have in place now are brought under the spotlight again collecting the evidence from scientific research and helping the general public see the real benefits of vaping are what we have to do. Fighting the bad-press with facts, correcting the mis-information with real studies, and just politely correcting the scaremongering tabloid nonsense reactions without wanting to do harm to the idiot mouth behind them.

The 'hammer' of facts is getting bigger quickly so the 'nail' of stupidity can be hit with some clout in the future. At the moment we are suffering an 'angry mob with torches and pitchforks' and very little information but incorrect biased tabloid headlines supporting their arguments.

Back
Top Bottom