What's new

India’s government approves ban on e-cigarettes

And i posted in his facebook group to point out he got his information completely wrong!

40 million worldwide vape, not in india. the actual number of Indian vapers is unknown but one figure someone told me last night was anywhere between 500k -5 million , nothing compared to the population or total number of smokers.

This is what i was trying to raise to vic that noone cared in the group about. He is creating content with false information and this false information is spreading about everywhere. He hasnt fact checked that video and gone on the hysteria rather than fact based it.

Like half the country already banned it prior to this, genuinely. Another glaring omission from his video

I’m not disagreeing with you, and I’m not in any FB groups - I haven’t looked in to this enough to know ‘facts’. If you’re going to be seen as a credible source though, you need to show people where you’re getting your numbers from. Too many people are doing that these days - throwing figures and percentages, and making claims from them. If you don’t cite reliable sources, like @Fuctifino has tried to do, you’re going to be seen as doing exactly the same thing.

probably the biggest reason that yes. no idea how much a pack of fags cost in india but they wont be like a tenner a pack or whatever we have nowdays.
50p for a pack of 20, 80-odd% of Indians use Bidis - which cost peanuts for a bundle of 25.

Despite average disposable income rising, the use of tobacco mirrors the rest of the world and is more concentrated in lower economic brackets. The cost of a vape kit can be around £17 and upwards.

Cost alone keeps people smoking even before you factor in the ridiculous anti-harm reduction messages coming from government and (self) interest groups.

I’m not disagreeing with you, and I’m not in any FB groups - I haven’t looked in to this enough to know ‘facts’. If you’re going to be seen as a credible source though, you need to show people where you’re getting your numbers from. Too many people are doing that these days - throwing figures and percentages, and making claims from them. If you don’t cite reliable sources, like @Fuctifino has tried to do, you’re going to be seen as doing exactly the same thing.

The government hasn't carried out any legitimate study looking at it.

Association of Vapers India puts the figure at 1.5 million people vaping, and that's as good a figure as you're going to get.

https://twitter.com/samrat
https://twitter.com/vapeindia
http://vapeindia.org

50p for a pack of 20, 80-odd% of Indians use Bidis - which cost peanuts for a bundle of 25.

Despite average disposable income rising, the use of tobacco mirrors the rest of the world and is more concentrated in lower economic brackets. The cost of a vape kit can be around £17 and upwards.

Cost alone keeps people smoking even before you factor in the ridiculous anti-harm reduction messages coming from government and (self) interest groups.
Makes perfect sense then that the larger the population and bigger the poor rates, bigger smoking is.

Very good observation sir, never occurred to me to look at it that way.

Back
Top Bottom