What's new

India’s government approves ban on e-cigarettes

Correct.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-44295336

Sometimes YouTube is full of shit. Depends who's talking like, but some people talk more shit than others.

[emoji6]
Im tempted to make a video myself tonight to actually talk about the facts considering everyone is getting their news from vic mullen.

Such as vaping has never been legal in India, significant parts of the country had already banned it and even one person went to prison for selling vaping equipment.

You know, things that show India arent the biggest vapi ng market in the world and Vics video is spreading a load of mis information

just pointing out what I see with my own eyes, might be different if I worked in office
but I see a lot more open systems (I think) when I'm out & about

I definitely see more open systems, both out in use and for sale.

But, that second chart shows the next 5years projected growth - 2019 looks roughly 50/50 - plus it includes the United States of Juul-merica.

I definitely see more open systems, both out in use and for sale.

But, that second chart shows the next 5years projected growth - 2019 looks roughly 50/50 - plus it includes the United States of Juul-merica.

Thing is if e-juice flavour ban comes in....
(if you ban something it often makes it popular or more edgey)

more people may mix (diy/shortfill or add "other stuff" themselves)
not sure people will shift to closed system & tricky/limited choice/options
(plus enviro crap - speaking of which we was supposed to under water in 1999 according to predictions)

nah - I'm a bit sceptical of closed systems taking over that much

think much of all this is people talking inflated bollox at times
give us this weeks lottery numbers, if they come up then I'll listen to peoples predictions much more closely

Thing is if e-juice flavour ban comes in....
(if you ban something it often makes it popular or more edgey)

more people may mix (diy/shortfill or add "other stuff" themselves)
not sure people will shift to closed system & tricky/limited choice/options
(plus enviro crap - speaking of which we was supposed to under water in 1999 according to predictions)

nah - I'm a bit sceptical of closed systems taking over that much

think much of all this is people talking inflated bollox at times
give us this weeks lottery numbers, if they come up then I'll listen to peoples predictions much more closely

But the graph wasn't based upon "what if xyz ban" - it's quite obviously based on the relative rates of growth leading up to the production of said chart.

At the time of production, and including how the US market was developing at the time (continued growth of Juul mainly) then I would view it as a reasonable projection of the global market shares.

But the graph wasn't based upon "what if xyz ban" - it's quite obviously based on the relative rates of growth leading up to the production of said chart.

At the time of production, and including how the US market was developing at the time (continued growth of Juul mainly) then I would view it as a reasonable projection of the global market shares.

Well it did assume a what if xyz - as the "xyz" was the market continued in US as it has been

predictions are still guesses, some may be more calculated guesses than wild guesses
but still guesses and depend on certain factors remaining/continuing etc.....

Even then, that margin shift I doubt myself that it would continue quite like the graph said
I would say after a while, more experienced vapers would migrate to another setup/system
with more flexibility & control as many seem to do
the flip side is more new ex-smokers/vapers arrive with AIO's pods etc.... but often they too may migrate
but the general feeling is that the large explosion in vaping in general is starting to slow slightly
than continue to multiply as rapidly as it has done in recent years - imho

So me personally the graph relied or assumed that closed systems would continue to grow rapidly
and also numbers of vapers continue to grow at a rapid pace too like they have been
(so there is two assumptions, based on xyz growth continuing, which I'm starting to think perhaps not)

I just think numerous predictions should be taken with a pinch/fistful of salt at times
yes many do seem to come true - to an extent, but also many have not come to fruition quite so accurately

I'm just a little sceptical of certain predictions, that's all

Well it did assume a what if xyz - as the "xyz" was the market continued in US as it has been

predictions are still guesses, some may be more calculated guesses than wild guesses
but still guesses and depend on certain factors remaining/continuing etc.....

Even then, that margin shift I doubt myself that it would continue quite like the graph said
I would say after a while, more experienced vapers would migrate to another setup/system
with more flexibility & control as many seem to do
the flip side is more new ex-smokers/vapers arrive with AIO's pods etc.... but often they too may migrate
but the general feeling is that the large explosion in vaping in general is starting to slow slightly
than continue to multiply as rapidly as it has done in recent years - imho

So me personally the graph relied or assumed that closed systems would continue to grow rapidly
and also numbers of vapers continue to grow at a rapid pace too like they have been
(so there is two assumptions, based on xyz growth continuing, which I'm starting to think perhaps not)

I just think numerous predictions should be taken with a pinch/fistful of salt at times
yes many do seem to come true - to an extent, but also many have not come to fruition quite so accurately

I'm just a little sceptical of certain predictions, that's all

I'm not disagreeing with the scepticism, purely the notion of basing said scepticism on the probability of a flavour ban (which is how I read your previous post).

Any prediction is a guess, but the more data it's based on the greater the likelihood of it being accurate. The further in the future you're guessing about, the lower the likelihood of being right.

Had the market continued without the suggestions of bans etc. then I would've said the figures for 2020 and 2021 were likely to be relatively accurate, and the longer term not so much.

I'm not disagreeing with the scepticism, purely the notion of basing said scepticism on the probability of a flavour ban (which is how I read your previous post).

Any prediction is a guess, but the more data it's based on the greater the likelihood of it being accurate. The further in the future you're guessing about, the lower the likelihood of being right.

Had the market continued without the suggestions of bans etc. then I would've said the figures for 2020 and 2021 were likely to be relatively accurate, and the longer term not so much.

it is important to note the third graph is the costs not the number of vaper types in use

open systems use stock coils or diy coil/cotton which is a LOT cheaper than buying filled pods
so yes revenue/costs would rise for pods if they continued to grow (assuming ban was not implemented)

however like all predictions we shall have to wait n see

apologies as this thread kinda went off topic about the actual banning of flavours/device than statistics & predictions etc....

Back
Top Bottom