What's new

I heard rumour, govs secretly passing law.

As far as getting a new study together send them a copy of the potv wiki with a few vendors and admins names who agree to be contacted by email should they need any clarification

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I haven't finished the Wiki yet...:whiteflag:

It's not just the studies, studies are quite numerous really, It's the whole glacially slow system - we need to give MP's The facts, a cost benefit analysis, PR position and moral high ground in 2 or 3 sides of A4. If it's more than that they won't read it unless they really have to. We also need a one side of A4 version for the hard of thinking and reporters - something that can be chopped up into lovely little quotes...

Put this in a letter to your MP

Prior to the EU vote my MP started by patronising me and ended up emailing insult after insult.

Either Philip Hollobone MP is an alcoholic who should be barred from office and keyboards or he is every ounce as dim as I believe him to be.

Thats not the point- the point is they want to trample us down because "it's for our own good"... What are we? - mentally subnormal 2 year olds.

Exactly it's about freedom of choice if we let them keep taking things from us where does it end - WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Thats not the point- the point is they want to trample us down because "it's for our own good"... What are we? - mentally subnormal 2 year olds.

The real point is, the corrupt feckers that call themselves politicians won't take any notice of what the public want.. they'll just steamroller over any opposition and force through any regulation they feel like as long as it serves their own purposes.

They ignored thousands marching against the Iraq war, they ignored the students etc etc.

It may be possible to fight regulation in the courts, but that would be a long drawn out and expensive process and in the meantime it just makes sense to stock up and become as 'self sufficient' as possible.

I've made my feelings about politicians and the political process known a few times on this forum, probably too many times to be honest and folk must get fed up of reading my rants.. hence the succinct comment.

Mix yer own juice, keep stocked up and feck em.

Thing is, it's not going to last forever. I now have 1 litre of 72mg nic, which (providing it keeps long enough) could keep me going for years, but stockpiles will degrade eventually (most estimates are the they can be kept in optimum condition for up to 2 years of kept in the freezer), and we'd use them up eventually.

As things stand now, I have no intention of ever giving up vaping. I've liked smoking for nearly 30 years - if vaping provides me with a similar but safer pursuit, I'm happy to carry on.

The political and social attitudes towards the pastime are illogical overreactions - not to mention full of double-standards - we mustn't have anything on the market that tastes nice in case children want to try it, yet we live in a social and political culture that has, over one generation, eroded all taboos and rules about children and alcohol. Where once (in my lifetime) it was unthinkable to take a child into a pub, it's now actively encouraged with kids' meals, colouring books and playgrounds. As far as I know, the law forbidding any child to be within sight of the bar is still in force, but it's universally ignored be parents, landlords and police.

God forbid a child might try an e-cig (which is exponentially safer than them drinking apple flavoured vodka), but it's perfectly fine to have a child sit & watch a parent get plastered all Saturday afternoon in the pub!

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, or indeed piss on anyone's fire, but I was at the London ecigarette summit, and it was as plain as the nose on your face that the UK government ARE going ahead with their plans to medically regulate e-cigarettes. There was no mention of diluted measures in respect of the TPD, or that the government will be looking at two different regulations - one for medically prescribed e-cigs, and another for the recreational market. E-juices WILL be affected, and if the plans go ahead the selling non-licenced fluids will be a criminal offence. The same will apply to devices. Its as simple as that.

On the brighter side, the experts were largely in agreement that by 2016 the number of vapers will be a lot lot more today and trying to enforce the new laws and trying to control internet sales, justify closing down businesses and taking action against individuals would be a very big task, and likely to be a bit of a politically unsafe move given the number of potential job losses and everything that goes with that.

I really do believe that those making the policies haven't got a fecking clue what is going on in the marketplace and that there are many existing small companies making quality products, who will either dissapear or be bought by the larger companies in the event of medical regulation becoming a reality, as they will never be able to afford the costs of the licences they would require to carry on trading, not to mention the huge investment in bespoke premises etc. which would be needed to meet the requirements of medicine production.

I hope that any attempt at medical regulation in the Umited Kingdom will be challenged in court and stopped, as it has been in other European countries.

But make no mistake, regulation in some form WILL happen, and there will be casualties as a result. As vaping continues to grow, there will be more and more shit pedlars and knowledgeless opportunists selling all manner of crap to the unsuspecting public.

I hope to God that I completely misunderstood what the MHRA said, but I am 99% sure that I didn't. One thing I am certain of is that there will be a very, very healthy black market in vaping supplies in the not too distant future if common sense doesn't start to play a part, but when has government ever applied common sense?

Sorry to jump into here, but I did just want to back up what is said above. Jeremy Mean was questioned on the vote in the EU and said (essentially) there is no back up plan, they are not looking at any other type of regulation, it's med regs.

He managed to look horribly smug whilst telling us this.

And yes, we are hearing stuff out of Brussels which is troubling to say the least, which is why we are asking ppl to remind their MEPs just how crucial flavours and nic strength are.

Not just that but if people can book appointments with their MP's and talk to them face to face, let them look you in the eye! It certainly see the most effective way to get a genuine response.

Again, sorry to jump in but I wanted to back up what Dexter is saying.

Lorien

Back
Top Bottom