What's new

Human excrement, asbestos and dead flies: The ingredients found in fake cigarettes

Sounds like another load of old toot from the Daily Mail to me, but...

IF this story is true and IF the government is really losing £3.6 billion in revenue, why doesn't the government simply reduce the duty on tobacco by a third? Hmm?

Because if they did, then Brits would be far less likely to buy illicit tobacco, the government would not be losing out because, let's face it, they're never going to efficiently clamp down on illegal imports and nobody gets to smoke asbestos and dead flies. Not to mention the additional savings in not having to spend so much on chasing illegal importers of EU baccy etc.

It's a mess of their own making. We're supposed to be a part of the EU. So, if our Belgian buddies can smoke a 50g pack of rolling for 8 or 9 quid, why can't we? Of course, the answer is that no government in the last 30 years has had any backbone - a reduction in tobacco duty would be a very brave step to take and, undoubtedly, a vote loser.

So, despite the common sense, the logic of it and the sense of fair play in levelling the cost of tobacco across the EU, successive governments are simply too scared to do it! Pah!

Cheers
Adam

I am going to play devils advocate on this one ..... it works as a form of population control.

Re: Human excrement, asbestos and dead flies: The ingredients found in fake cig

Sounds like a very daily mail article honestly, heavily pushed by tobacco companies.
After all, I don't know a single smoker, English or not, that hasn't at some point smoked smuggled cigarettes.

I never knowingly smoked a smuggled fag. I emphasise knowingly ;) I had a mate who used to bring back cheap GV from Spain, £6 for 50g pouches he charged. I never asked quite where he got it from but it was the real deal. He was no smuggler though. I don't think....

ive never had the joy to experience a smuggled ciggy honest to god...its not really a problem in the US...at least not where I lived ...if I had one here, I wouldnt know unless I was told.

So when we speak of all the shit in tobacco smoke we can say its literally true.

Don't believe all you read Mark ..... nothing else in my factory other than stock ... :strawberry:

dirty-toilet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom