What's new

Facebook and ecig pages

It seems to be limited at the moment to ecigarettedirect/ the smokers angel then but the reasoning behind it as explained to them by the FB SS must raise the issue where will it end

It seems to me that it is related directly to the advertisements of Electronic Cigs... you know the ads in the side bar, like the one we had going?

I've never been a fan of FB, or for that matter any generic social networking site. I agree with whoever it was who said "[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]The challenge of pervasive social networking is that it will supplant the richness of real-world relationships with an endless stream of trivial interactions." Topic specific forums which encourage and facilitate discussion of issues in which people have a shared interest are rather a different matter.[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]However, if FB has indeed adopted the stance that sites connected with electronic cigarettes or advertising same are disqualified under their rules which prohibit cigarette advertising or related products, they have taken the first step towards their own demise. They demonstrate the same moronic knee jerk reaction, absent of any qualifying logic, reason or empirical data, by which they conclude, " if it looks like smoking it must be as bad as smoking". In doing so, they are unnecessarily and unreasonably censoring and restricting the free exchange of ideas and information, and therefore the freedom of speech. They are unwittingly betraying the very ethos by which and for which the medium was founded and by which it flourished. They have not only undermined their own stock, but slit their own wrists, commencing a slow bleed, and the reaper awaits.
[/FONT]
Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
Suicide remarks are torn
From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn
Plays wasted words, proves to warn
That he not busy being born is busy dying.

-Bob Dylan "It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

No way, I've only just started getting folk to join my fb page. On to G+ then I suppose :)

I've never been a fan of FB, or for that matter any generic social networking site. I agree with whoever it was who said "The challenge of pervasive social networking is that it will supplant the richness of real-world relationships with an endless stream of trivial interactions." Topic specific forums which encourage and facilitate discussion of issues in which people have a shared interest are rather a different matter.

However, if FB has indeed adopted the stance that sites connected with electronic cigarettes or advertising same are disqualified under their rules which prohibit cigarette advertising or related products, they have taken the first step towards their own demise. They demonstrate the same moronic knee jerk reaction, absent of any qualifying logic, reason or empirical data, by which they conclude, " if it looks like smoking it must be as bad as smoking". In doing so, they are unnecessarily and unreasonably censoring and restricting the free exchange of ideas and information, and therefore the freedom of speech. They are unwittingly betraying the very ethos by which and for which the medium was founded and by which it flourished. They have not only undermined their own stock, but slit their own wrists, commencing a slow bleed, and the reaper awaits.

Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
Suicide remarks are torn
From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn
Plays wasted words, proves to warn
That he not busy being born is busy dying.

-Bob Dylan "It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
Yeah..wot he said :)

I can host it, I'd want a good look round the software and available alternatives first

And perhaps someone would come in with me on upkeep etc, coz I've been there before! To be honest, I wonder if we need it ... Isn't that what a forum is? Only put across in a more invasive and annoying manner?

Back
Top Bottom