What's new

E-cigs on the NHS - BBC News

Tbh i would like to hope PHE take the sensible 'Patch & Gum' approach. Have a couple of devices registered as safe to be issued on prescription as part of a 'Quit Smoking' programme, especially if patients cant afford it, but everyone else still able to purchase non registered mods, tanks etc to our liking if we go it alone. That way, pod/cig-alikes still have their place, and my 200w beast with 10ml Aromarizer has its place.... In my hand!! That would be the ideal scenario.

There is a h&s concern with charging cables (a person can harm themselves with one). They are taken off psych patients at my local, and if you need a phone charging, it's done at the nursing station.
The psych unit here has a private walled garden now where people can vape or smoke. The first time I went there in 2003 it had a huge toxic smoking room indoors. I don't especially see why people should need to vape indoors if they're able to move around, as long as they are able to vape (or smoke) if they need to. I was told that the complete ban didn't last long ... because people who were already distressed and agitated became much more so: I wonder why? :25:

In hospitals around here people might take laptops and all sorts in to the acute wards In specific circumstances they might intervene and remove things that could be used as ligatures but they have to take certain steps to place additional restrictions. They’ll sometimes have an IPCU (more secure) where there’s generally a blanket ban on mobiles etc, and smoking will be once an hour as @weepapagirlrappers says.

Back
Top Bottom