What's new

E-cigarettes in UK could be banned under WHO regulations

akuma

Postman
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...orld-Health-Organisation-recommendations.html

Vaping could be banned in the UK following recommendations set out by the World Health Organisation.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has set out plans to prohibit e-cigarettes due to fears users could replace ingredients with other harmful substances, The Sun on Sunday reports.

Clive Bates, a tobacco harm expert and the former director of anti-smoking group ASH, told the publication the advice is 'irresponsible and bizarre', and will ultimately 'protect the cigarette trade'.

This is totally ridiculous, sure someone could put something harmful in their tank but by the same logic someone could put something harmful in a drinking glass as well.

It's a bit of a clickbaity headline by the mail but worrying nonetheless.

Seen this yesterday and is concerning. I can't follow the logic to this when you can use tobacco (either rolling tobacco or manufactured cigarette tobacco) to add something harmful/illegal?

Hopefully common sense will win out in the end. Surely the health benefits that vaping provides greatly outweigh the negatives of those who choose to tamper with it?

The WHO doesn't have any power over UK law/UK government does it?
I don't think power, but perhaps influence? Honestly, I have no idea.

To me it seems like an insane solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

The WHO doesn't have any power over UK law/UK government does it?
No but it's bad news if the world health organisations official stance is they are dangerous and they should be banned.
Here is the latest report (feb 2021) commissioned by public health England for the UK government.

https://assets.publishing.service.g..._in_England_evidence_update_February_2021.pdf

I won't get chance to read it till later but as far as I'm aware public health England are still pro vaping so i'd be surprised if we saw an outright ban in the UK??

Back
Top Bottom