What's new

E-cigarettes 'can cause more harm than smoking -Article Removed by Daily Mail!!!!

I agree, it's obviously not perfect but could be a compromise. I'd rather source my Nicotene in this country but if I can legally import a personal amount then it won't disrupt me too much. After diying I prefer my own to most ready mixed and don't really want to have to buy the regulated strength to carry on.

If it happens in happens and I doubt there is enough of us vaping to cause too much of a wave to stop it. Not that we should not try. My draw in the freezer is filling now with 250mg bottles quiet rapidly. Just in case.

Another great write up by the daily mail, what a crock of shit.

Last edited:
I saw this earlier today somewhere else and left a comment,l doubt if it'll make it to the comments though l was a little peed off while writing it lol :gunban:

The Mail always writes anti-ecig stuff.
It is true that they aren't 100% harmless. Propylene Glycol can cause irritation... a sore throat... but the only recorded bad irritatrion was caused by injecting large amounts intravenously. It's approved for drugs that aren't water-soluble incuding intravenous ones so that's one of the sise-effects (I think) of chemotherapy.

We're trying to make MEPs, MPs and the media aware of what's going on but the majority of people who use ecigs buy disposables from garages or elites from corner shops and know nothing about a good chance of them being banned, which is what the WHO Tobacco Comittee (pharma companies and fanatical antis) want. It is almost certain that any EU or UK ban will ban all mports, unlike Australia.

I planned to start stocking up a month ago as the first hurdle is the MHRA recommendations in the UK (end of March) but bills keep getting in the way. I do plan to start collecting small bottles of base soon and have put my name down for a litre from the USA.

BTW everything contained in eliquid is licensed for medical use. They're just not licensed to be used together.
Also BAT has bought Blu in the US and Intellicig here. Intellicig now has an R & D page and they're packaging ecogs to look like NRT. In order to get an MA ecigs have to be shown to help people quit smoking and nicotine, same as other NRTs.

Don't you see what the Daily Fail are doing here? They want you all to click and share that link. They know how big the online community of vapers is, so they put this lazy journalism crap out there to enrage people, who will then share that link with other like minded people, and so on to get as many clicks on their site as possible. KMS will probably accuse me of being negative again, but it's reality. Don't feed the Daily Fail trolls, don't feed lazy journalism, don't click on the link!

The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.--Josph Goebbels, Nazi propaganda minister

The sad thing is, if it is repeated often enough, eventually more people will believe it without seeing an iota of research data, and support a ban.

Re: E-cigarettes 'can cause more harm than smoking,' experts say

Also BAT has bought Blu in the US and Intellicig here. Intellicig now has an R & D page and they're packaging ecogs to look like NRT. In order to get an MA ecigs have to be shown to help people quit smoking and nicotine, same as other NRTs.

To be fair, Intellicig has been doing R&D since years, and always took an high profile approach to production and labelling of their products. That's a completely different approach from all other producers. The same 4 ingredients approach they always had is a testament to their risk managed, scientific approach to both eliquids and business.
9 months ago, they started phasing out their old line and introducing a lower nicotine one, while claiming that they had run a blind test showing how the new product line had been found as effective, or more, than the old.

That had me musing whether they where preparing for a switch to explicit NRT, or future proofing their business against more stringent regulation.

And whether they knew something we didn't.
Of course they did, or they had sufficient knowledge to guess. Looking back, it was bound to happen, kind of emperors new clothes thingy.

And it's not surprising Intellicig know-how has been bought, really they were probably the best candidate not only in the UK but everywhere else too.

Is this article for real or just trolling?? I have stopped smoking stinkys for a month or so now and use a 70% PG 30% VG mix (roughly depending on percentage of flavouring used), and I can already notice a huge difference (for the better) while cycling/running/dancing etc.... as mentioned previously this is surely only being said by people wanting money from stinky sales, and/or wanting to tax nicotine products in general.

Such a corrupt load of BS.

Is this article for real or just trolling?? I have stopped smoking stinkys for a month or so now and use a 70% PG 30% VG mix (roughly depending on percentage of flavouring used), and I can already notice a huge difference (for the better) while cycling/running/dancing etc.... as mentioned previously this is surely only being said by people wanting money from stinky sales, and/or wanting to tax nicotine products in general.

Such a corrupt load of BS.

The 'harm to health' is anti lies. I get a few interesting truths every day by subscribing to blogs. In http://paper.li/thesmokersangel/1320963140# there is a link to Siegal and Puddlecote, both interesting articles., particularly this: http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/problem-is-not-that-electronic.html

Back
Top Bottom