What's new

At it again! Tories plan to hit 2.9million with VAPE TAX

Yep, it was always a matter of when. Ridiculous in a way though that vapers are being stung with the NHS shortfall since vaping has potentially kept a lot of people out of hospital.
I mean, I get the argument that vaping has indirectly cost the government a lot of tobacco tax revenue, but still.

There is the fact that vaping will cost the government additional health care costs for all the people that grow old and frail and don’t die prematurely from smoking, though.

Nicotine replacement products are on a 5% VAT scheme. Should be the same for vape products. That would put them into similar category. Unlikely to happen though, as pharma’s lobbied for the tax break afaik. We dont have much in the way of powerful interest groups. So we will get VAT + sin tax most likely.

There is the fact that vaping will cost the government additional health care costs for all the people that grow old and frail and don’t die prematurely from smoking, though.
We should certainly be taxed for the sin of trying to live a healthier lifestyle. Perhaps we can get a variable rebate for topping ourselves at pre-agreed ages.

Could i be naive in thinking that the robbing cunts that are the government are trying to find ways to gain revenue to keep our economy afloat when the most likely no deal brexit occurs?

We should certainly be taxed for the sin of trying to live a healthier lifestyle. Perhaps we can get a variable rebate for topping ourselves at pre-agreed ages.
They will re introduce the Sheriff of Nottingham to collect the taxes in a bit the way this country is going. We should set up the Independent State of Vape.

Could i be naive in thinking that the robbing cunts that are the government are trying to find ways to gain revenue to keep our economy afloat when the most likely no deal brexit occurs?

The EU were discussing a vape tax last summer. You might be right, but I think the tax discussions go back further than the whole Brexit mess.

We should set up POTV towers there all Apes welcome, put 3DJ on watch as security.

No, @3dj would just be in a full-time pissed stupor. Get @zouzounaki on the job - anyone approaching will be questioned until they lose the will to live :D

I'd like to see some evidence of this.... not sure I trust some unnamed whitehall scouces or what's printed in the Express.

The EU were discussing a vape tax last summer. You might be right, but I think the tax discussions go back further than the whole Brexit mess.

No, @3dj would just be in a full-time pissed stupor. Get @zouzounaki on the job - anyone approaching will be questioned until they lose the will to live :D

A professional pedant, I am.

Back
Top Bottom