What's new

America's first vaping accident fatality

I've said before when reviewing mech squonkers. They're not for everyone and I class myself in the category of someone who shouldn't use one. Yes I tend to stick to plus ohms but I can be lazy and clumsy so I choose not to use one day to day.
Something is most likely to have gone wrong through mis use or lack of upkeep.
Obviously the explosion killed the poor fellow and the fire followed.
Very sad indeed but so is the amount of deaths caused by power tools ect.
Not good news at all.

IT is true. It is not one news artcle, it is well covered in the American media, including the coroners report.
Have you not seen pictures of attys embedded in walls? Yes an 18650 can do that.

Edit. Just looked at your postings hoping to find you were not a mech user. Immediately see you have exploded (i assume you mean vented) a mech. I would say understanding how bad it can go is essential if you are going to use a mech.

Hence why my apology for getting it wrong was in my opening line.
I also stand enlightened on the potential energy released from one 18650.
No, to the attys in walls.
Been using mechs since the hawkshead meet back in 2014, and the mishap was entirely my own fault.

Hence why my apology for getting it wrong was in my opening line.
I also stand enlightened on the potential energy released from one 18650.
No, to the attys in walls.
Been using mechs since the hawkshead meet back in 2014, and the mishap was entirely my own fault.

Mishaps with mechs are always our own fault, we choose to rely on what we know to keep us safe instead of a computer chip. IMO there never was nor will there ever be an accident with a mech that was not user error.

My early mishaps were autofire situations because I did not recognise the limitations to the design of mods I was using (4nine). Fortunately my chosen build could handle a 20 min autofire with only a wrap shrinking to a dangerous point and obviously the end of a battery. I gave up on 4nines shortly after the Hawkshead meet, but I did have a similar aotofire on a nemesis which I still use because no part of that was related to mod design it was totally my stupidity putting it down with a heavier tank than I had been used to without locking it or using stronger magnets or spring.

Mechs are by defenition simple devices, and as users it is up to us to understand them. That is why I get nervous when I see folk getting a mech and immediately pushing the limits of the cell thinking amp limit is all that matters understanding your mech and any potential limitations is just as important.

Back
Top Bottom