What's new

America's first vaping accident fatality

I would like a clear comprehensive report on the case instead of "man blows his head off" we cannot learn from this. Knowing if he was even building on it or using a sub tank, which tank? what build? what battery was he using? when did he buy the battery? was this his only device? was he a heavy vaper? was he an experienced vaper?..... we never get the whole picture from the press. (just the mech in this case)

Im sorry to say but i think he has massed up somewhere. Any battery must get warm and vent before thermal runaway...surly. So to not recognize this then put the vape to your face is a death wish. RIP

Love Mechs and will always use them!!

"The process can occur in just milliseconds: Overheated battery modules create a domino effect, producing more and more heat, and the battery explodes."
https://www.livescience.com/50643-watch-lithium-battery-explode.html

It does worry me that quite a few mech users are unaware of what the worst case scenario with a mech is, nor how fast it can happen.
How can you make informed decisions about safety if you are unaware of how bad things could get.
If you think that the worst that can happen is that the mod gets hot and you can throw it away then you might be inclined to push your luck more than you should.

Three people are seriously injured every day by disposable lighters and at least one fatality per year has been registered as caused by a disposable lighter since 1961.
Stuff goes wrong.

It always amazes me how you can’t take a bottle of water through security at the airport, but you can take a multi battery mod (which I’m guessing could be modified into a serious explosive device) through no problem.

ha yeah something like the Hammer of god would do some major damage to the inside of a plane, and stop a tank.....

ha yeah something like the Hammer of god would do some major damage to the inside of a plane, and stop a tank.....
Anything to declare? "Uhm..."

Bit on a serious note, will we ever get to find out the facts about this case on the cause etc?

Unpopular opinion but i would hazard a guess he died because it was HIS fault, not the mod.

Whether it was misuse / battery issues / coil issues etc It was user fault here not device fault.

I really wish these news stories would point this out, a dangerous device in the wrong hands if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

Yes i feel like we hear a brief part of the story from the one like this and we dissect the most we can out of it through the forum. nothing comes of it until the next incident.

Back
Top Bottom