What's new

Would you vape on a bus?

If we get the nic limit raised then most folk might be on high nic pods in a couple of years (personally I hate the whole pod concept) then pubs etc could decide to allow pod vaping in certain areas. That might work. Even I would buy a pod if it allowed me to vape in certain places.

If we get the nic limit raised then most folk might be on high nic pods in a couple of years (personally I hate the whole pod concept) then pubs etc could decide to allow pod vaping in certain areas. That might work. Even I would buy a pod if it allowed me to vape in certain places.
What's putting you off the concept? I've eyed a couple. Some like the Zeltu look rather appealing but I don't think I understand the pros and cons of a pod vs a coil yet... And I have enough gear as it is already. On the fence for now.

I don't use busses much these days but if I did I wouldn't vape on them, same with trains really. It may give the wrong impression about vaping to that resilient smoker that gets put off by clouds.

Not everyone will feel the same but I feel that when I'm out and about, conservative is the best way to promote vaping and get people off the cigs for good.

That having been said....when I'm at home or at a mates who vapes....DAAAANK CLOUDS :D

I guess the alternative view to that is that by allowing people to vape in places where smoking isn't allowed (like on long train journeys) it may encourage those smokers to give vaping a try.... if vaping is frowned upon as much as vaping, then smokers have less of a reason to switch or even try vaping.

I think we need to try and make vaping more socially acceptable for it to have a bigger impact on current smokers. I really don't subscribe to the 'we can't vape where we can't smoke' philosophy, I think a 'you can't smoke here but you can vape' approach would encourage a lot of smokers to at least try vaping.

I was at a gig a while back and some guy who i'd never met asked if he could try my vape because he didn't want to go outside and fight his way back to where we were standing..... I let him and he got by without going out for a fag, so he proved to himself right there that vaping works, and maybe he did go and get a vape afterwards, maybe he's given up smoking now.

That's the impression we wan't to give to people, that they can give up smoking by vaping. We should be making that easier for them..... I don't really care what non-smokers think, they aren't the ones killing themselves.

No I wouldn't. As has been mentioned by several Apes before me, I don't want to go p**sing other people off. As soon as we start going that, the tide turns against us.

I pod vape in Wetherspoons [emoji6] [emoji6]

What's putting you off the concept? I've eyed a couple. Some like the Zeltu look rather appealing but I don't think I understand the pros and cons of a pod vs a coil yet... And I have enough gear as it is already. On the fence for now.

The idea of pods in coffee machines and ink cartridges is a way of boosting the profits of the ingredient you want by selling it in in tiny quantities in proprietary containers that keep you coming back to the supplier for. This has long been the preferred model for the baccy companies.
I do not doubt it is the way vaping will go but i am not having any of it unless as I said above it were the only way to vape in certain places.

The idea of pods in coffee machines and ink cartridges is a way of boosting the profits of the ingredient you want by selling it in in tiny quantities in proprietary containers that keep you coming back to the supplier for. This has long been the preferred model for the baccy companies.
I do not doubt it is the way vaping will go but i am not having any of it unless as I said above it were the only way to vape in certain places.
The Aspire breeze 2 and others allow you to refill the pod. If you have a supply of juice then you are not as tied as you might think. Would be nice to be able to refill those damn coffee pods though [emoji4]

I guess the alternative view to that is that by allowing people to vape in places where smoking isn't allowed (like on long train journeys) it may encourage those smokers to give vaping a try.... if vaping is frowned upon as much as vaping, then smokers have less of a reason to switch or even try vaping.

I think we need to try and make vaping more socially acceptable for it to have a bigger impact on current smokers. I really don't subscribe to the 'we can't vape where we can't smoke' philosophy, I think a 'you can't smoke here but you can vape' approach would encourage a lot of smokers to at least try vaping.

I was at a gig a while back and some guy who i'd never met asked if he could try my vape because he didn't want to go outside and fight his way back to where we were standing..... I let him and he got by without going out for a fag, so he proved to himself right there that vaping works, and maybe he did go and get a vape afterwards, maybe he's given up smoking now.

That's the impression we wan't to give to people, that they can give up smoking by vaping. We should be making that easier for them..... I don't really care what non-smokers think, they aren't the ones killing themselves.

Trains are easier than busses or planes because of the separate carriages most trains could easily accommodate a vaping carriage or two without it pissing of non vapers.
Absolutely there should be more places we are allowed to vape than smoke and like it or not that will not happen if it involves allowing us to vape in places that upsets the majority. If vaping is to become more socially acceptable it will take time and requires vapers to be conciderate of the majority who neither vape or smoke.

I think the big problem is when look back to the 1920s 30s 40s smoking was socially acceptable and public transport allowed smoking everywhere. Things moved on and smoking changed then no smoking areas started popping up till total bans as we have now. Vaping is following in the footsteps and its a hard shadow to walk in.

The Aspire breeze 2 and others allow you to refill the pod. If you have a supply of juice then you are not as tied as you might think. Would be nice to be able to refill those damn coffee pods though [emoji4]

I know this.
I could also fill my ink cartridges, and use Rusian software to override the setting on the printer that caused it to die after x number of prints.
I still dislike the concept.

Back
Top Bottom