What's new

Where is my cough?

I gave up first time for about a year after about eighteen years on the smokes, patches, not a jot of lung grot did emerge.

I wonder if it's to do with what we smoked? I was a committed rollie smoker, couldn't bear normal fags. Mind you it was only in the last three years I started using filters, pretty much 20 years of rollies with no filters must be bad, surely?

I was mainly a filterless rollie smoker, though towards the end I was mixing between rollies with filters and tailor mades.

One thing though, so flipping glad to get rid of the Yellowfinger

See I never got that either. I'm beginning to feel like I wasn't doing it properly! ;)

I was never a heavy smoker - around 10 a day max (except on nights out). So I wasn't expecting too much cough wise. But I did get scale build up on my teeth which my dentist told me was due to smoking.

Anyway after about 2 weeks of vaping it literally chipped off in lumps, a bit disgusting at the time but a nice visual clue that I was doing myself some good! Not to mention whiter teeth, now if only I could pack in the black coffee they'd be even better!

I was same. 15 years on rollies w/filters but never got that cough when I started vaping.
but like Merino said too, I'm also glad to finally get rid of yellow finger !

I went through a period of coughing up tar, though it tailed off quite quickly (I had a bad flu just before I stopped smoking though so I probably coughed up quite a lot during that time without really noticing it).

Now 4 months into vaping and stopping tobacco completely I very rarely cough up any tar.

I have been noticing since mixing my own juices recently that when I vape menthol and mint flavours (particularly the menthol), after a heavy vaping session, I'll cough up a little clear flegm with little specs of brown tar in it.

Someone on another forum suggested the menthol might be having an astringent effect causing this.

I don't think the tar is coming from the liquid itself as menthol seems one of the cleaner flavours on the atomizer and wick (particularly compared to some of the others I've used that gunk it up worse but don't make me cough up anything), so I'm assuming it's helping me to clean my lungs out in some way.

Its a pity I need to be in the right mood to enjoy methol, but I'm trying to have a tank of it each week regardless, on the off-chance that it's doing me some good.

It might just be me though because I tried searching to see if this was a known effect and couldn't see anyone else mentioning it.

Back
Top Bottom