Before:
Peak flow: 420, 410, 410
Pulse:86
Sats: 95%

After Vaping TW Raspberry Menthol Using a protank2 at 10w on an SVD

Peak flow: 420, 440, 430
Pulse: 86
Sats: 97%

Well another week another set of readings. I know this is not the most exciting of threads but it is providing interesting data both for me and for anyone who wants to rebut the clains of E-cigs are bad... It's my intention to keep this thread open until either the Mods get bored or I reach the 12 month mark.

Now I don't know how relevant it is to me having switched to vaping but I have noticed a slow weight loss, which is suprising as previous attemts to stop smoking have resulted in me eating more, in fact once it got to the point of me eating anything that moved - and if it didn't I'd kick it 'til it moved and then eat it. This time I'm not eating more, possibly my appetite has decreased slightly? Maybe I'm vaping when previously I'd have reached for food. I do know I've not bought any chocolate for a fortnight!

I've also picked up another throat bug, but that said it's kind of an occupational hazard, going in and out of schools and offices all day you get exposed to a lot of stuff. Still it's not bad, it hasn't stopped me vaping so no real problem...

O.K I know you can Run upstairs without collapsing Tub's but have you lost any weight yet!!! cos I'm gettin Paranoid about how much I've lost since I started Vaping!!!!:thumbup:

I do know I've not bought any chocolate for a fortnight!

That is unheard of for me. I'd have to be REALLY ill to go that long without chocolate. Having said that, I am finding I am not eating as much chocolate or sweets since starting vaping. I think it's because my hand and mouth are kept busy with vaping. When I have given up smoking before I have always eaten more, snacking more and generally feeling lost without something in my hand or mouth.
I have not gained any weight since quitting smoking and taking up vaping this time. In fact, the first week of vaping I lost 3 lbs. But then it was the novelty of vaping and I was chain vaping. Still am vaping a lot but not quite as much.

Last edited:
Same here, I've been thinking about it and in fact I havent bought any sweets or crisps at all for a fortnight, but I cant do without my Coca Cola...:whiteflag::drool:

I'm pretty sure nicotine is an appetite suppressant so that might explain it :)

O.K I know you can Run upstairs without collapsing Tub's but have you lost any weight yet!!! cos I'm gettin Paranoid about how much I've lost since I started Vaping!!!!:thumbup:

Just over half a stone, a small drop in a fookin' hooooooooge ocean...

Tubbyengineer, just caught up with this thread, it's great, well done.

I'm finding I have a lot less cravings for chocolate or desserts, I think it's because vaping these flavours fools my mind into thinking I've eaten them!

Your figures are really good so your lungs are improving. My doctor told me that due to my switch to vaping, I've greatly lowered my risk of heart attacks and cancer.

Thanks for a great thread.

Last edited:
@Tubbyengineer, just caught up with this thread, it's great, well done.

I'm finding I have a lot less cravings for chocolate or desserts, I think it's because vaping these flavours fools my mind into thinking I've eaten them!

Your figures are really good so your lungs are improving. My doctor told me that due to my switch to vaping, I've greatly lowered my risk of heart attacks and cancer.

Thanks for a great thread.

You're welcome Blossom, I do think you;re right about vaping sweeter flavours fooling your body. I've been doing overtime today with little time for vaping and ended up getting a Snickers - which I enjoyed immensely but once work was over and I was back on the vapes the sweetie lust just wandered away....:grin2:

Back
Top Bottom